Men, you aren’t doing your wives any favors

When you work yourself into a state of exhaustion so deep you literally fall asleep in your soup (the brim of his baseball hat was in the soup).   Refuse to go to bed/take a nap/see a freaking doctor, and instead nearly fall through the sliding glass door when trying to get up from the dinner table.  I can’t carry you.  You weigh more than I do, I’ve had two back surgeries and a bum knee and shoulder.  Stop being stupid.  You aren’t going to get anything done when you are as incoherent and uncoordinated as a drunk on a bender.  Just. Go. To. Bed.

thank you/rant off 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

When you work yourself into a state of exhaustion so deep you literally fall asleep in your soup (the brim of his baseball hat was in the soup).   Refuse to go to bed/take a nap/see a freaking doctor, and instead nearly fall through the sliding glass door when trying to get up from the dinner table.  I can’t carry you.  You weigh more than I do, I’ve had two back surgeries and a bum knee and shoulder.  Stop being stupid.  You aren’t going to get anything done when you are as incoherent and uncoordinated as a drunk on a bender.  Just. Go. To. Bed.

thank you/rant off 

I tell my wife that I have one job in my life, it's to protect her in every way I can!  everything else is second, including me and my health.  I know you will argue, but it's true to me. Nothing else matters to me.

You may not understand how much you are valued as a wife and lover. But that does not preclude me from my number one responsibility in this life.

There are more just like me.  Bless you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I tell my wife that I have one job in my life, it's to protect her in every way I can!  everything else is second, including me and my health.  I know you will argue, but it's true to me. Nothing else matters to me.

You may not understand how much you are valued as a wife and lover. But that does not preclude me from my number one responsibility in this life.

There are more just like me.  Bless you.

I’m not arguing that he shouldn’t be willing to sacrifice his health if that was what it would take to save us from something worse.  I’m arguing that sacrificing his health when it is completely unnecessary actually damages all of us, so it is irrational, unnecessarily dangerous, and it is pissing. Me. Off.  (And I am generally mighty laidback about what he chooses to do… go hunting out West for a couple weeks, go work overseas for a couple months every year because you’ve got friends there,  buy another freedom seed dispenser (as long as I get to shoot it, too), build another fly rod (I don’t ask how many one actually needs, I think they are like sewing machines), go fishing whenever the weather cooperates, wear a hat to the supper table like a heathen.  But this is Not. Cool.). 😖 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I’m not arguing that he shouldn’t be willing to sacrifice his health if that was what it would take to save us from something worse.  I’m arguing that sacrificing his health when it is completely unnecessary actually damages all of us, so it is irrational, unnecessarily dangerous, and it is pissing. Me. Off.  (And I am generally mighty laidback about what he chooses to do… go hunting out West for a couple weeks, go work overseas for a couple months every year because you’ve got friends there,  buy another freedom seed dispenser (as long as I get to shoot it, too), build another fly rod (I don’t ask how many one actually needs, I think they are like sewing machines), go fishing whenever the weather cooperates, wear a hat to the supper table like a heathen.  But this is Not. Cool.). 😖 

I know. BUT!

You sound like my wife and I have the same discussions with her. Happy days!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

If this Mama ain’t happy, she goes for a walk in the woods til she’s happy again… which might take a few days, but still works.  (I used to quilt when angry, til I accidentally cut off my fingertip with an angrily oblivious slice of my rotary cutter.  I don’t quilt mad any more!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just clear the table around him and let him snooze in his soup.  Draw a bath and get a glass of wine.  

I offer solutions and should have been a life coach to Taylor Swift or Tom Cruise.  They are cultists.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

If this Mama ain’t happy, she goes for a walk in the woods til she’s happy again… which might take a few days, but still works.  (I used to quilt when angry, til I accidentally cut off my fingertip with an angrily oblivious slice of my rotary cutter.  I don’t quilt mad any more!)

Guys do that with shop tools.  My finger tip was lost to a chain.  The more different we are the more we are the same.

• Like 3

Ah the memories of ditching school to work on farms and being so tired walking back home I'd have to nap on the side of people's houses.  I've never been one to try and fight being tired.  Hell, even as a kid I loved to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my last few years of working before I retired I often would stop my car-I was an insurance field man-in a parking lot and take a 10 to 15 minute nap.  Would wake refreshed, grab a cup of coffee and be ready to hit the road again.

• Like 3

These days, if you nap for fifteen minutes on the side of the road, a state social worker or an NGO worker will wake you up, give you a tent, sleeping bag, an EBT card, six doses of Narcan, a free sex change  and a promise to never let anyone interrupt your use of illegal narcotics.

Oh, and a Wet Nap.

If you don't speak English, you also get a $500 per night hotel room for six months and the promise that you will never be held accountable for whatever crimes you committed have or will commit.

Taxpayer funded, of course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/24/2024 at 8:08 AM, Mrs.Cicero said:

(I used to quilt when angry, til I accidentally cut off my fingertip with an angrily oblivious slice of my rotary cutter.  I don’t quilt mad any more!)

If my wife has her quilting operandi spread all over the downstairs, (esp kitchen table)  I'm barely allowed in the house.  It's the fingertip-cut-off treatment for me if I should dare to touch,  or even look at, quilt assemblage.

A baby can urp-up all over it,  three minutes after it's gifted,  and everyone thinks it"s the cutest thing evar,  but my mere presence will somehow ruin it. 

I guess it's called "quilt-character" if a baby does it to it's own blankie.  It's called "drunk" if I should do it.

• Haha 3

On 3/27/2024 at 6:03 AM, Huaco Kid said:

If my wife has her quilting operandi spread all over the downstairs, (esp kitchen table)  I'm barely allowed in the house.  It's the fingertip-cut-off treatment for me if I should dare to touch,  or even look at, quilt assemblage.

A baby can urp-up all over it,  three minutes after it's gifted,  and everyone thinks it"s the cutest thing evar,  but my mere presence will somehow ruin it. 

I guess it's called "quilt-character" if a baby does it to it's own blankie.  It's called "drunk" if I should do it.

Mrs N quilts with a group of ladies-and an occasional gentleman-at our church.  The quilt is then auctioned at our annual Harvest of Talent fund raiser for a local Christian charity.  It usually sells for around $600.  I never realized how much work goes into making a hand stitched bed quilt before she began this.

Here is a photo of one of them.  The ladies had several hundred hours of work in its production.

002.thumb.jpg.6c2258488f9d762d4363c1917c09b005.jpg

• Like 2

This is the last quilt I finished. The colors in the real  world are brighter than the photo.   it was a fast and furious baby shower gift.  I've got 2 more baby quilts and 1 queen size that I just need to sew the binding onto, 2 more baby size tops that just need to be quilted and bound.  And we won't discuss the number of future quilts where I have finished the blocks but haven't sewn them together into a top yet.  And then there's the "kits" I've made for myself where I've cut out all the pieces but haven't started sewing them together into blocks, because cutting is more fun than sewing, and sewing is more fun than quilting, and quilting is more fun than binding, and this is a problem...

image.thumb.jpeg.e3c2b7e5f7ca21721bb55a1ca08744fe.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:03 AM, Huaco Kid said:

I told my Daughter in Law that her baby will piss on my best example of woodwork.  The spindles are within .020 end to end and to each other.

The picture is the last stage of construction.  It's a Glider rocker. She said she was going to put it along side of their bed. The gap in the spindles is for a finger to rock it with.

image.thumb.png.86541860110c7585c8c1b9866615f15d.png

• Like 3