It's that time again!

minderasr

Just received the NRA rag proclaiming it's time to submit a ballot for the BoD.  Any insight on exactly who is worthy of a vote would be most appreciated as I've always found it difficult to determine who are the best options and not just some LaPierre stooge.

• Like 1

I quit caring when an NRA rep chewed my ass out because I won’t list the NRA in my will as the primary beneficiary of my estate. This was about 20 years ago. There was a bit of a stink over this happening to a lot of life members. The NRA backed off on this issue but the damage is done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

While I don't disagree with the previous posts, the NRA will never improve if we just ignore it.  They're still a strong lobby that needs to be nudged in the right direction.  I'm not asking anyone to donate money.  My money goes to SAF/GOA/FPC (getting the job done).  I just thought it couldn't hurt to get the NRA train back on track.  And voting in the right people is the way to do this.

• Like 5

A great struggle just to get to someone who told me I had to find the March issue of whichever magazine I get so I will have a ballot.

If I find the ballot I will follow the recommendations - especially the one about not voting for incumbents.

Told the first person, who I thought was a membership person, that I didn’t want to give anyone an NRA life membership, didn’t want to buy wine via NRA, didn’t want to buy precious metals or coins via NRA… Can probably buy home and auto insurance via NRA but didn’t think to mention that. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Found the issue. Reread material at the link posted above.

Ronnie Barrett of .50cal fame and from Tennessee was not a recommended candidate. Wondering why. 

A LaPierre acolyte?  I honestly don't know.