Ummm, Huh?

Eric

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tous said:

All that needs is a pen knife and some whittlin' sticks to be heaven.

I’ve never been much of a porch sitter, but I’d give it a shot, if I had a porch like that. 

• Like 3

Why don't they make incense that smells like real good stuff.

Tire stores.

Army surplus stores.

Even just moldy canvas stores.

Real leather shops. (They probably already have that, but I mean the stores where the guys are wearing leather smocks and leather do-rags and carrying around hammers and pointy implements.)

They haven't been able to perfect the ol' timey pastry bakery smells, but I'm sure they tried.

I actually like the smell of a squashed skunk, but I don't know about actually in your house.

Wet cat. (actually no one has ever smelled a wet cat. Iit's just that the smell and taste of blood changes the chemical composition.)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finding an incense that is actually really enjoyable and pleasant to ANYONE is probably impossible..

So they just test-burn a mix of weeds and chemicals, all ground together, and go out to the streets and ask passerbys what it smell like. Then they name it that.

(Incense sales and stock prices have probably plummeted since the legalization of pot)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

If a person doesn't like incense, does that make him incensitive? 

Not all that long ago,  my wife flamingly burst into my office and demanded that I never burn incense again. Never ever. Nevereverever.

She used to like it (she'd burn it herself for forty years),  but that immediately changed for some reason.  She got waaay more than insensitive,  she leaned to out-cuss sailors.

The only real bad thing about that,  is that I had recently bought a nine-lifetimes-pack of assorted sticks from amazon.  I tried to convince her that it runs the spiders out of the house, but she didn't concur.

Now I only burn it when she's not home but she says she can still smell the lingerings,  and I have to start covering my neck, 'gnads, and throat, all at one time when she gets home.

(in fairness,  half of the asst. pack is purely rank and I have no idea where they came up with each name.)

I can't wait until I ever see those 3' long sticks again, at a dot store.  I hope I can at least tolerate them.

• Haha 2

I've walked into stores where the incense display smelled wonderful. I'd sniff through them all and think I found the exact perfect one.

But it NEVER works out that way.

I think you have to buy some of each, and combine them all at once, to get the smell you were expecting. Allright, Mister White! Science!

That's a lot of smoke for at one time.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Ever wonder why the present tense of the verb incense can mean to perfume with incense, but the past tense of incense usually means to be really pissed off? Words are fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get a thurible like the Catholics use, light it up and walk around the house swinging it.

Make the incense stick seem mild and thus preferable by comparison.

Gregorian chants are optional.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

421250625_688033026846808_1858898879670894518_n.jpg

Fantastic.....Great use of pallets   (But a new staircase of wood would probably be cheaper)   :dunno:

Also, the "steps" are only about 4 -5 inches    !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Fantastic.....Great use of pallets   (But a new staircase of wood would probably be cheaper)   :dunno:

Also, the "steps" are only about 4 -5 inches    !!

Yeah, they'll be great until your dog knocks his tennis ball in there and loses his mind, or you get drunk and decide to play stair Jenga.

• Haha 3