‘Bank of America, with no directive from the FBI, datamined its customer base,’

pipedreams

‘Bank of America, with no directive from the FBI, data mined its customer base,’ whistleblower George Hill

told the House Judiciary Committee.

"""An FBI whistleblower told congressional investigators that the D.C. field office pushed local offices to open criminal investigations into Americans based solely on financial transactions Bank of America tracked and voluntarily provided to the bureau, according to testimony reviewed by The Federalist. 'Bank of America, with no directive from the FBI, datamined its customer base,' whistleblower and recently retired FBI supervisory intelligence analyst George Hill told investigators for the House Judiciary Committee, according to Hill’s testimony." Why would BofA go on an unsolicited witch hunt of its customers? Either they're just a commie organization, which is likely, or someone was being rewarded."

https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/06/whistleblower-fbis-d-c-office-tried-to-sic-local-agents-on-innocents-after-bank-of-america-volunteered-gun-records/

Bank of America did not respond to The Federalist’s request for comment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think that my BOA account actually costs them money,,I have a direct deposit that goes there...every month I take it out in CASH leaving about $100 or less in the account

I like that they have so many ATM's 

As for doing any other business with them N F W 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 9:44 AM, DAKA said:

I think that my BOA account actually costs them money,,I have a direct deposit that goes there...every month I take it out in CASH leaving about $100 or less in the account

I like that they have so many ATM's 

As for doing any other business with them N F W 

I opened a checking account with them because of their widespread net of ATMs. Later they assigned that account to a branch they then sold. Still have some of their VISA cards which get almost no use. In the alternate universe of credit scores I think one’s score is reduced when a card is canceled as well as when a card is opened. So I haven’t canceled these yet. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I opened a checking account with them because of their widespread net of ATMs. Later they assigned that account to a branch they then sold. Still have some of their VISA cards which get almost no use. In the alternate universe of credit scores I think one’s score is reduced when a card is canceled as well as when a card is opened. So I haven’t canceled these yet. 

universe of credit scores I think one’s score is reduced when a card is canceled as well as when a card is opened. So I haven’t canceled these yet

What's up with that, also I have been looking to buy a car, and they say that checking your credit score ...lovers it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAKA said:

universe of credit scores I think one’s score is reduced when a card is canceled as well as when a card is opened. So I haven’t canceled these yet

What's up with that, also I have been looking to buy a car, and they say that checking your credit score ...lovers it?

More and more purveyors of credit claim they can check one’s credit score without that check showing up. 

• Like 2