David Crosby Dead at 81

Eric

I was a big fan of the Byrds and the Buffalo Springfield with Steve Stills and Neil Young in the 60's and Crosby played with all of them.  I think Crosby  still and Nash's best work was with Neil ZYoung on the Deja Vu. I also liked Crosby's solo album, "If I could only remember my name" which had Graham Nash, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and members of Jefferson Airplane, Santana, and the Grateful Dead playing on it.

David Crosby contributed greatly to the world of music and helped some people to get started and collaborated with a lot of others, but he was kind of an A-hole personally and a lot of the musicians who he worked most closely with such as Roger McGuinn and Gene Clark of the Byrds who kicked him out of the band which he helped start, and both Graham Nash and Neil Young, with whom  it got to the point that neither of them wanted to have anything to do with him in their later years. 

But he's gone now and may he rest in peace.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brad said:

RIP.

Southern Cross is probably my favorite song. It's my go-to when I have some stupid song stuck in my head. Knocks it right out.

Southern Cross never fails to paint such a beautiful picture in my imagination. Never seen it first hand, though. Learned somewhere that there's never been a culture, no matter how isolated, that didn't have music. No, you wont be tested on that.

• Like 1