Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

13 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

This problem requires a judicious amount of #8 shot.  From the looks of that one the rodent population took a hit.  

We actually don't kill them here unless they are posing a direct threat to life or limb. We relocate them when we come across them, we live in a heavily wooded area and relocating is a simple process. It surprises me how many people will go out of their way to kill a snake, not even knowing what kind it is or where it is. I've seen people back up or run off the road to kill a snake crossing the road. It makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

The “Peace Sign” was created 2/21/58 by British graphic designer and Christian pacifist Gerald Holtom. Holtom was tasked with creating the banners and signs for a nuclear disarmament march in London, and he wanted a visual that would stick in the public’s mind.
The design is, in part, modeled after naval semaphore flags that sailors use to communicate. Holtom combined the codes for “N” (two flags angled down at 45 degrees) for “nuclear” and “D” (one flag pointed straight up and one flag pointed straight down) for “disarmament.”

Peace Sign - Semaphore.png

• Like 1

A farmer decided he wanted to go to town and see a movie. As he approached, the ticket agent asked, “Sir, what’s that on your shoulder?”
The old farmer said, “That’s my pet rooster Chuck. Wherever I go, Chuck goes.”
“I’m sorry, sir,” said the ticket agent. “We can’t allow animals in the theatre.”
The old farmer went around the corner and stuffed Chuck down his overalls. Then he returned to the booth, bought a ticket, and entered the theatre.
He sat down next to two old widows named Mildred and Marge.
The movie started and the rooster began to squirm. The old farmer unbuttoned his fly so Chuck could stick his head out and watch the movie.
“Marge,” whispered Mildred.
“What?” said Marge.
“I think the guy next to me is a pervert.”
“What makes you think so?” asked Marge.
“He undid his pants and he has his thing out,” whispered Mildred.
“Eh, don’t worry about it,” said Marge. “At our age we’ve seen ’em all.”
“I thought so too,” said Mildred, “but this one’s eatin’ my popcorn!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.
The man at the counter asked the older boy, “Son, how old are you?”
“Eight,” the boy replied.
The man continued, “Do you know what these are used for?”
The boy replied, “no Sir, but they aren’t for me. They’re for him. He’s my brother. He’s four. We saw on TV that if you use these you would be able to swim and ride a bike. Right now, he can’t do neither.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1