Interesting and funny Facts

Swampfox762

17 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.23da28a9b720d3d7bc07a373e02380d5.png

You want to hear the real bull ****?

You used to buy a textbook new or used then sell it back or keep it forever as a reference book you personally own. 

Now you pay full price to get an access code to the online version of the book. The code expires when the class ends. You can’t sell it back or even keep it as a reference book. 

The real sick thing is they monitor your usage of the book. They keep metrics on what pages you open and what you highlighted. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.df101c2e58a11a02aa3aedc4e3032650.png

Reeves hated the role, and was terminally typecast by it. He committed suicide in his despondency.

More trivia - Noelle Neil and Phyllis Coates, who both played Lois Lane in that show at various times, starred in 1952's Invasion USA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

You want to hear the real bull ****?

You used to buy a textbook new or used then sell it back or keep it forever as a reference book you personally own. 

Now you pay full price to get an access code to the online version of the book. The code expires when the class ends. You can’t sell it back or even keep it as a reference book. 

The real sick thing is they monitor your usage of the book. They keep metrics on what pages you open and what you highlighted. 

My college schoolbooks were mostly written by the Professors giving the class.  They specified their own books.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.c787d7f0734c6fb47e9a0204e09c672a.png

A process Engineer PhD I worked with was Indian and she said that the wife in an Indian family wore the family wealth on her person in the form of Jewelry.

I used to comment on her earrings.  She was flattered that I knew good jewelry from bad, and that she had good taste.  She was very shy but highly qualified and a wonderful person.

Jewels held their value, but government money didn't from one regime to another.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.d1e8b097338960fc19c25dc2b8eadf63.png

Japan used knowledge of upper air trade winds to launch firebombs from Japan to California in WWII.  They were fairly successful starting forest fires and as a result, the federal government refused to report on them to convey the idea that they didn't work.