A "Calling Card" from Jeff Bezos.....

inthefrey

Dear Amazon "User".

We wanted to let you know that we recently updated our Conditions of Use.

One of our updates involves how disputes are resolved between you and Amazon. Previously, our Conditions of Use set out an arbitration process for those disputes. Our updated Conditions of Use provides for dispute resolution by the courts.

Please visit https://www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse to read our updated terms in full.

As always, your use of any Amazon service constitutes your agreement to our Conditions of Use.

Thank you,

Amazon

Reply...

Have an SAFE flight tomorrow,..... Jeff

8 hours ago, railfancwb said:

It occurred to me that Amazon has distribution centers in Tennessee, including at least one “Prime” site.

I drove by the new distribution center they're building near Alcoa yesterday. It's gigantic. 84 acres. 635,000 sq ft warehouse. 200 trucks per day. 

Rendering:

Amazon will open a 634,000-square-foot fulfillment center in Alcoa, officials announced on Feb. 3, 2021. This rendering, provided by developer Hillwood, shows the design of the building, to be constructed on a portion of the former Pine Lakes Golf Course in Alcoa.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I drove by the new distribution center they're building near Alcoa yesterday. It's gigantic. 84 acres. 635,000 sq ft warehouse. 200 trucks per day.

There's a new one in the Toledo area.  Shiny new building and tidy grounds.  Someone said ~1000 jobs, so good.

But, holy mother of all that's good,  you don't want to be around that place during a shift-change.  NYC traffic in a very small town.

They're going to have to bulldoze half of the town and reconfigure all the roadways.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

There's a new one in the Toledo area.  Shiny new building and tidy grounds.  Someone said ~1000 jobs, so good.

But, holy mother of all that's good,  you don't want to be around that place during a shift-change.  NYC traffic in a very small town.

They're going to have to bulldoze half of the town and reconfigure all the roadways.

Alcoa/Blount County are expanding the local road infrastructure to accommodate. 

• Like 1

Dear Amazon User:

We've had it with all of your puny, insignificant whining.  If you've got a complaint, go ahead and sue us.  See how that works out for you.

Actually, my experience with their service has been very positive.  Still, that message was a little creepy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

So what’s the solution?

Millions and millions of little mom and pop specialty stores with every conceivable hard to find item in stock scattered around the country?

Actually many of these stores have joined Amazon to an extent. Some with only listings and payment handling services. Others now even have merchandise stored and shipped by Amazon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Dear Amazon User:

We've had it with all of your puny, insignificant whining.  If you've got a complaint, go ahead and sue us.  See how that works out for you.

Actually, my experience with their service has been very positive.  Still, that message was a little creepy.

Same here.

I was wondering if they lost a court case and this was some CYA on their part.

I don't use them anymore so whatever.

• Like 2