The Urantia Book

Swampfox762

Was cleanin out the bookcase to give some books to the local Assisted Living place down the street and ran across the Urantia Book.  What's that you say?  It's a history of Planet Earth, written by extraterrestrials.  Yeah, I know...It was given to me so many years ago I can't even remember.  "Urantia" is the Galactic name for Planet Earth.  Like I said...I know, I know...

The book is just an amazing thing to look at in it's size alone.  The Printing on the onion skin thin pages is small too.  Anyhoo...I  skimmed a few pages of it years ago and thought..."Seriously...who would put so much time into writing a book like this??"  

Just wondering if any of ya have heard of it?  This is the one I've got.  I don't think I'll be taking it to the Facility!!:greensupergrin:   I'll keep it in my bookshelf as a weapon!!  Seriously, the thing must weigh 5 lbs. at least!!  There's also the Urantia Society.   Yeah...I know, I know... https://www.urantia.org/

I guess I'm done now...my wife just took my damned tinfoil hat!!!:anim_lol:

The Urantia Book | URANTIA, DIVINE COUNSELOR | Seventh Printing

33 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Was cleanin out the bookcase to give some books to the local Assisted Living place down the street and ran across the Urantia Book.  What's that you say?  It's a history of Planet Earth, written by extraterrestrials.  Yeah, I know...It was given to me so many years ago I can't even remember.  "Urantia" is the Galactic name for Planet Earth.  Like I said...I know, I know...

The book is just an amazing thing to look at in it's size alone.  The Printing on the onion skin thin pages is small too.  Anyhoo...I  skimmed a few pages of it years ago and thought..."Seriously...who would put so much time into writing a book like this??"  

Just wondering if any of ya have heard of it?  This is the one I've got.  I don't think I'll be taking it to the Facility!!:greensupergrin:   I'll keep it in my bookshelf as a weapon!!  Seriously, the thing must weigh 5 lbs. at least!!  There's also the Urantia Society.   Yeah...I know, I know... https://www.urantia.org/

I guess I'm done now...my wife just took my damned tinfoil hat!!!:anim_lol:

The Urantia Book | URANTIA, DIVINE COUNSELOR | Seventh Printing

You MUST put a plastic protector around that dust jacket! ;-))

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Go ahead my friend.  

53 minutes ago, crockett said:

Sounds like some liberal arts content. I stay clear.

My current read. Oddly enough, it doesn't tell me how to kill that damn mockingbird in my yard!

It's on the list of 100 books everyone should read.

r

I had my "local" MB *******...soundin a little different tonight.  He was sittin on the photocell of my steetlight pole...bithcin at an Owl..sittin on the top of the pole.  I don't know how long Mocking birds live...but either a LONG time, or this bastards "Kids" have inherited his territory.  I been here 23 years, and I've had an ******* Mocking Bird...Living on MY property...all those years with me.  I like to think...
"Birds of a feather" and all that ****.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Go ahead my friend.  

I had my "local" MB *******...soundin a little different tonight.  He was sittin on the photocell of my steetlight pole...bithcin at an Owl..sittin on the top of the pole.  I don't know how long Mocking birds live...but either a LONG time, or this bastards "Kids" have inherited his territory.  I been here 23 years, and I've had an ******* Mocking Bird...Living on MY property...all those years with me.  I like to think...
"Birds of a feather" and all that ****.

They are all assholes and Florida is full to the rim. They are Florida's state bird for a reason.

That being said, I have the same ******* coming back every year, breeding in my trees, and moving out for a few months.

One night he was sitting in a tree right next to my bed room and he started his retarded blaring show at 2 AM right when I tried to fall asleep. After an hour I was so pissed that I grabbed a flashlight and a ladder. Walked up to the tree, saw him sitting pretty low, put the ladder up, blinded him with the light, and grabbed for his skinny ******* neck. I misjudged a bit and he got away. Ever since he is sitting much higher in the trees.

I would have put him into a box and relocated his ass to Walt up in Alaska where the sun never shines! Via 15 day USPS parcel select!

• Haha 2