Why on earth would people say things like this?

Mrs.Cicero

My sister bought a new Lexus last week. She's retired, independent, and pays her taxes. At a local social function this weekend an acquaintance from high school (they graduated in the early 70s) comes up to her and says "Well, I see you're blowing through your inheritance" (our mom passed in 2020). 

I mean, who the fornicate SAYS this stuff? :anim_rofl2:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

My sister bought a new Lexus last week. She's retired, independent, and pays her taxes. At a local social function this weekend an acquaintance from high school (they graduated in the early 70s) comes up to her and says "Well, I see you're blowing through your inheritance" (our mom passed in 2020). 

Damn!

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

A jealous person says that.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

I have reached that point.  When the dogs we have croak, there will be no more dogs.  When the cats we have die, there will be no more cats.  And when the rabbits, chickens, ducks, and guineas irritate me beyond toleration, I will eat every last one.  And when the kids leave home, I'm selling their furniture and turning their rooms into sewing rooms and gun rooms all for me!

I sold a fishing boat complete outfit to a woman I'd guess was in her 40's.  She was single now, and her kids were gone.

She said when the husband left she threw out the furniture and put in a pool table.

While talking with this woman that lived 60 miles from me, we found out we had been in the same bar in a town halfway between us. 

She and her girlfriend were shooting pool for drinks, while my SIL's husband and I were watching them from the bar. 

The bartender shut and locked the front door since it was closing time, and all the drinks were free for two more hours.  It was a memorable night.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:26 PM, Historian said:

Kinda glad she said, "When the Kids leave home...."

Everything else she planned to eat!

don`t forget what she did to those impudent Chickens she had..

suffice to say when Mrs.C calls you better get to where she is fast!

• Haha 1

Ran into a friend today and we were talking about a mutual friend who had wrecked on a snow machine last week. Smashed pelvis, broken spine. Many surgeries already, and more to go. The friend grins ear to ear...."Wow." Like it was great news. 

Edited by Walt Longmire
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2