Withholding data is not science.

Manipulating data is not science.

Cherry picking studies is not science.

Social conditioning is nor science.

Fear-mongering is not science.

Pharma propaganda is not science.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

How can a person decide who or what to trust?

Most people have an area of competence with decreasing knowledge as the subject moves away from their competence. 

Most people can determine, just by common sense, what sounds reasonable and what sounds fishy on most things. Others you have to listen rather than be told. Because when you are told something, the normal human reaction is to resist.

an informed and determined position is usually right. But be careful where you get the information from, call your doctor and ask him, call a cop and talk to him, don’t call a lawyer unless he is a friend or he will charge you for it.

without going over the cliff of alternate facts and conspiracy kooks.

• Like 1

Talked with my doctor about this a couple weeks ago. We all agreed the establishment has destroyed trust in the medical community, and getting involved in politics was a big mistake, along with putting a monetary value on positive tests. Plenty of doctors screw up trust by themselves without the industry being tainted.

It will be a long painful process of rebuilding that trust, if it ever returns.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, railfancwb said:

How can a person decide who or what to trust?

Most people have an area of competence with decreasing knowledge as the subject moves away from their competence. 

Sometimes I listen as people make assumptions about complex subjects in an effort to align them with their personal world or political view.

The problem with some of those assumptions is that subjects such as epidemiology, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc. is that those subjects are complex enough go way beyond what some may consider “common sense”.

The complex sciences are not as simple as toasters.  Sometimes we just have to trust the geeks with eight years of education and multiple letters behind their names.  Frankly, those types of folks have so little interest in politics that we just take them at their word.

I currently work an a larger towing and recovery company, and you wouldn’t believe have many of them think that the vaccine is injecting tiny nano bots to track our movement, or maybe something that will change our DNA in an effort to make a zombie like populace to do as we’re told.

8 hours ago, jame said:

Sometimes I listen as people make assumptions about complex subjects in an effort to align them with their personal world or political view.

The problem with some of those assumptions is that subjects such as epidemiology, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc. is that those subjects are complex enough go way beyond what some may consider “common sense”.

The complex sciences are not as simple as toasters.  Sometimes we just have to trust the geeks with eight years of education and multiple letters behind their names.  Frankly, those types of folks have so little interest in politics that we just take them at their word.

I currently work an a larger towing and recovery company, and you wouldn’t believe have many of them think that the vaccine is injecting tiny nano bots to track our movement, or maybe something that will change our DNA in an effort to make a zombie like populace to do as we’re told.

Cell phones and the media have that covered. I wouldn't bet too highly on the lack of interest in politics, either.

From the conversation above with our doctor, his response was that he got the vaccine to set an example, and he was very weary. He said to do your own research while you can on it and make your choice. The bold words stand out very highly for us. He didn't say so in so many words, but I don't think he trusts it either.

His wife is a doctor as well, and refused the vaccine. Not for the nanobots, but because she didn't like what she read on the protocols, testing, and trials. Pretty much like the rest of us.

There are other reasons. You may or may not be able to find them on Al Gore's internet these days, but if you venture away from Google and use a more inquisitive search engine, you might find it. It is still on a short clock, I'm sure.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 2

The shift from...

Operation Warp Speed, Trump leadership saved millions, Trump cut through all the red tape to get a vaccine, MAGGIEMAGGIE, Trump vaccine that the liberal democrats didn’t trust.

to the...

nanobots, unsafe, government control, “I’m not taking it”

happened in the time it takes to count a ballot.

kinda says something doesn’t it

• Like 1

My cousin, a GP doctor, said she was fine with the vaccine and had taken both doses of Moderna.  She didn't care for the single dose vaccine due to lower efficacy.  I took my second shot of Moderna Thursday.  I still think Joe is senile, Pelosi should be run out of town on a rail and Shumer looks and acts like a weasel.  Guess I'm not a Zombie yet. 

Seeing as how I'm now on Day 6 of the "Official 'Rona Quarantine" (and Day 10 since start of symptoms) and the 'rona has amounted to a minor head cold with loss of sense of smell for me, I'll skip the shot and go with the antibodies I'm full of now anyway.  I've had enough bad reactions to thoroughly tested and FDA approved drugs (including long-term side effects that are never going to get better), that I prefer to let my own immune system do the work even if it is slower and more miserable than popping a pill.  Other people may make other decisions - if you own your own body, then you have that right.  Do your own research, make up your own mind, let Darwin sort it out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Five up crockett said it quite well.

Unfortunately, people mistakenly believe that computer output is impartial and objective. People especially trust Google to give them accurate results.... They have no idea that they may have been driven to a web page by highly biased search results that favor the subject Google is supporting such as a certain vaccine or politician.

"Even before people see search results, biased search suggestions — those phrases Google flashes at you when you start to type a search term — can shift thinking and behavior. We have shown in controlled experiments that biased search suggestions can turn a 50‑50 split among undecided voters into a 90‑10 split, with no one having the slightest idea they have been manipulated."

Long but interesting read on the topic:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/17218/big-tech-threat

"Ephemeral experiences": You might never have heard this phrase, but it's a very important concept. These are brief experiences you have online in which content appears briefly and then disappears, leaving no trace.

"They leave no paper trail for authorities to trace. They are the perfect weapon for changing... the outcome of elections"

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Seeing as how I'm now on Day 6 of the "Official 'Rona Quarantine" (and Day 10 since start of symptoms) and the 'rona has amounted to a minor head cold with loss of sense of smell for me, I'll skip the shot and go with the antibodies I'm full of now anyway.  I've had enough bad reactions to thoroughly tested and FDA approved drugs (including long-term side effects that are never going to get better), that I prefer to let my own immune system do the work even if it is slower and more miserable than popping a pill.  Other people may make other decisions - if you own your own body, then you have that right.  Do your own research, make up your own mind, let Darwin sort it out.

The wife was positive when I went to the hospital. She had headaches, muscle aches, fatigue. She never lost her senses, smell or taste. 
she got the shots anyway. It’s nothing either one of us wants to go through again.

6 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The shift from...

Operation Warp Speed, Trump leadership saved millions, Trump cut through all the red tape to get a vaccine, MAGGIEMAGGIE, Trump vaccine that the liberal democrats didn’t trust.

to the...

nanobots, unsafe, government control, “I’m not taking it”

happened in the time it takes to count a ballot.

kinda says something doesn’t it

The real difference between the hype and the results of the administrations are what the Nooz Mafia tells you to believe.

I know you are still suffering from TDS, but the results were probably going to be the same as they are now. Well there is a good chance the Lame Stream Nooz would be squealing like a pig under a gate over all the reservations people have, but we won't know will we.

Recon the attitude would be the same as it is in the media? Doubtful, but we won't know. We do know that legitimate treatments and therapies were vilified because Trump endorsed them, and that paved the way for a vaccine approval. It also cost a lot of people their lives and set a course of treatment that is criminal.

Follow the $$. Who benefited, and who didn't?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

The real difference between the hype and the results of the administrations are what the Nooz Mafia tells you to believe.

I know you are still suffering from TDS, but the results were probably going to be the same as they are now. Well there is a good chance the Lame Stream Nooz would be squealing like a pig under a gate over all the reservations people have, but we won't know will we.

Recon the attitude would be the same as it is in the media? Doubtful, but we won't know. We do know that legitimate treatments and therapies were vilified because Trump endorsed them, and that paved the way for a vaccine approval. It also cost a lot of people their lives and set a course of treatment that is criminal.

Follow the $$. Who benefited, and who didn't?

I’m not suffering from anything but fools

Trump wants it named after him (Trumpicine)

after being vilified before the election by the left (Harris would t take Trumps vaccine) it is now vilified by the right.

what changed?
Nothing but the name