My new knife thread

Dric902

If I could only own one knife, this would be it. I own many knives, but always carry a Spyderco like this.

It's perfect for EDC unlike fantasy daggers and choppers, or rare collectibles or expensive customs.

It can slice tomatoes, and it's fast to access.

After 30 years of daily carry, I can draw and open one of these much faster than an automatic knife with a safety.

Lightweight, pocket-sized, rust-proof, and legal in most places. Replaceable if lost.

Not my photo, but I have a Salt, Endura, or Delica in my pocket whenever I am wearing pockets.

53nftm.jpg

Edited by ChuteTheMall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

If I could only own one knife, this would be it. I own many knives, but always carry a Spyderco like this.

It's perfect for EDC unlike fantasy daggers and choppers, or rare collectibles or expensive customs.

It can slice tomatoes, and it's fast to access.

After 30 years of daily carry, I can draw and open one of these much faster than an automatic knife with a safety.

Lightweight, pocket-sized, rust-proof, and legal in most places. Replaceable if lost.

Not my photo, but I have a Salt, Endura, or Delica in my pocket whenever I am wearing pockets.

53nftm.jpg

Do you pinch the hole between thumb and finger and “with a flip of the wrist” open and position the knife?

I don’t know anybody who carries a chopper
but everybody has one

if you’ve ever held a Randall or a Loveless you’d know who troops carry a Keyshawn in their pocket, but a Kabar on their belt.

besides, this is about making and having great knives, not box cutters 

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Do you pinch the hole between thumb and finger and “with a flip of the wrist” open and position the knife?

I grab the knife with my thumb on the blade and thumb it open. It's already in position when I take it out of my pocket, and no wrist is needed.

I don't think about it, I just do it. It's as easy as finding my car key, after thousands of reps. There's also a Ladybug Salt on my keychain.