My new knife thread

Dric902

13 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

I don’t know much about his work. He was an old Shriner I knew. A bunch of Masons are pitching in to help his son clean out the house. Thankfully not a horde but he just lived there 40 years. But the modification was intentional. You can see very fine file marks. 

Hand in hand. RIP Brother. tom.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

This little dagger is a bit unusual. The tip is known as a Besh Wedge. The width of it makes it stronger. The flat grind of the blade bevel, as well as both angles on each edge of the blade are one-sided grinds. It makes for a strange looking blade. The blade is 440-C stainless steel, with a titanium coating.

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

The two sides of the blade mirror each other. It is a double-edged dagger, even though it doesn’t look like it in these pics.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, Eric said:

This little dagger is a bit unusual. The tip is known as a Besh Wedge. The width of it makes it stronger. The flat grind of the blade bevel, as well as both angles on each edge of the blade are one-sided grinds. It makes for a strange looking blade. The blade is 440-C stainless steel, with a titanium coating.

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

The two sides of the blade mirror each other. It is a double-edged dagger, even though it doesn’t look like it in these pics.

I have one from Boker. I recently, within the past year, got one from Masters Of Defense, regular steel. Next is the titanium version, a bit spendy though at 3-400 dollars.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I just saw this little Ka-Bar knife in a Knife Center video (below). It is called the Wrench Knife. I guess Scrubs would have sued them if they called it Knife Wrench. It is drop-forged from 426 stainless and it sells for around $40. It looks like a tough little knife.

EFFF984F-6436-46E6-9F57-CE521E049D86.jpeg.eff7a27987b00931ac689deb71aa925c.jpeg

• Like 1