My new knife thread

Dric902

On 4/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, Swampfox762 said:

I've got about 4 of those.  Bought em back when they sold them in 2 parts...and ya had to put em together yourself.  To this day, after ya push the button...most people don't know how to close this type of knife.

Over the years I had a few. Might still be some around here somewhere. My better ones had a sprung flap with a hole and the back of the blade at the hinge had a matching protrusion. They stayed open until intentionally closed. None seemed willing to accept and hold an edge on the blade. 

22 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Over the years I had a few. Might still be some around here somewhere. My better ones had a sprung flap with a hole and the back of the blade at the hinge had a matching protrusion. They stayed open until intentionally closed. None seemed willing to accept and hold an edge on the blade. 

Actually, they weren't made to "hold an edge", or to be a workin Knife.   They were made to kill ya.  Italian...Simple as that.  Look at any  knife.  It speaks for itself.  It tells ya what it's for.

BTW...The Left bolster on that switchblade...Pushing it forward...unlocks the knife.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, ChuteTheMall said:

56l372.jpgToo girly?

I bought a 20 gauge Mossberg pump shotgun, youth edition, pink camo. Great buy for me as pink camo wasn’t masculine enough and the price reflected that. Didn’t have it long, as one of my children rehomed it

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Nice.  "New age Butterfly knife" huh.  Some friends from the Philippines, had a couple nice ones made for me years back.  I use to teach knife fighting with the Ballisong.

It’s a Böker. They make good stuff. They are the second oldest commercial knife maker in the world. I used to really be in to butterfly knives, when I was young. I bought this one back when I got my current carry knife. 

JPEG image 2.jpeg

JPEG image 4.jpeg

JPEG image 3.jpeg

• Like 1

An older gentleman I know recently died. I helped clean out part of the house. They gave me a box of stuff from his office. Largely camera and electronic related parts and junk. I did find a few cool calligraphy pens and this knife. 

Marked Imperial. The interesting thing is the broken blade. It has a notch cut into the broken edge to make it easy to open and has been sharpened to a very sharp edge. He was using it for some specific purpose I guess. 

image.jpg

20 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

An older gentleman I know recently died. I helped clean out part of the house. They gave me a box of stuff from his office. Largely camera and electronic related parts and junk. I did find a few cool calligraphy pens and this knife. 

Marked Imperial. The interesting thing is the broken blade. It has a notch cut into the broken edge to make it easy to open and has been sharpened to a very sharp edge. He was using it for some specific purpose I guess. 

image.jpg

That's really interesting.  Ya might have somethin there. Even with the broken blade...

https://www.amazon.com/vintage-imperial-providence-blade-pocket/dp/b005ltid3q?tag=indifash06-20

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

image.jpg

Box opener? Cutting tape, or binding. Did he ship boxes of things? Interesting.

11 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Box opener? Cutting tape, or binding. Did he ship boxes of things? Interesting.

I don’t know much about his work. He was an old Shriner I knew. A bunch of Masons are pitching in to help his son clean out the house. Thankfully not a horde but he just lived there 40 years. But the modification was intentional. You can see very fine file marks. 

• Like 2