50 mph winds tonight

It's been blowing since last night. Gusts to 50. Trees down and power out in many places. My lights have flickered but not gone out......yet. Underground utilities in my subdivision. Of course the wood stove is doing it's thing. Pretty much S.O.P. this time of year. I saw pics of lots of dead beetle kill spruce trees down on the new road out near my cabin. I'm hoping it lays down some tomorrow so I can go out and snag some easy picking on the firewood. Also check on the cabins. 

11 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

It's been blowing since last night. Gusts to 50. Trees down and power out in many places. My lights have flickered but not gone out......yet. Underground utilities in my subdivision. Of course the wood stove is doing it's thing. Pretty much S.O.P. this time of year. I saw pics of lots of dead beetle kill spruce trees down on the new road out near my cabin. I'm hoping it lays down some tomorrow so I can go out and snag some easy picking on the firewood. Also check on the cabins. 

We’re getting your wind this weekend. Temps dropping 25 degrees. 

• Like 1

Had a construction crew that needed to get out to the end of the new road. My grandson and I headed out to get some easy wood. The crew ended up following us in like a big wagon train. KW with an excavator behind. A truck pulling a trailer with a stack of 4' diameter culverts on it and 2 other pickups besides our 2.The wind is still blowing but not as bad. We filled the back of both pickups and a 14' flat bed trailer with just the stuff we cut out of the road to provide access. I was running the MS460 on the bigger stuff. We got some bone dry beetle kill wood. Was probably more than 30 trees across the road. The ones that weren't real big we just cut and tossed aside. The bigger stuff got loaded up. Heading back out there tomorrow after we vote.

• Like 1