Bathroom/Shower SD Defense

DrB

37 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

You need to tape a pair of good scissors to that. You ain't tearing it. ?

As to the question, and my house. Kick the door and find out.

A good self opening knife would work better.  Some members here may still be useing the rounded tip scissors, the pointed ones are too dangerous. Running with them and all. Not to name names of course...

Dave

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Historian said:

I don't think so.  Naked was always good.  At least so far.

I don't know.  There was that time skinny dipping with some girl on the Isle of Palms around 2 am when we came back and couldn't find our clothes.  That went from pretty good to really sucks - fast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I don't know.  There was that time skinny dipping with some girl on the Isle of Palms around 2 am when we came back and couldn't find our clothes.  That went from pretty good to really sucks - fast. 

Sorry about that man.  I thought those clothes were for the taking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I have a story about that also.  Involved Myself another guy and two hot women..  Long long ago.  Anyhow to sum up, the crowd moved our clothes way back, got beer and waited until we got cold and had to come out.  There was many insults... for us men........ but a lot of cheering for the women...

Dave..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

Well, Well, Well you learn something new here every day....

I thought it was obvious.  You remember when English Leather sold soap on a rope?   This is just a natural extention.

Otherwise you have to stick your kabar in a bar of soap...and that only lasts for so long.

• Haha 2

The only time I went skinny dipping in mixed company, was long ago, I guess I was in my early teens and so were my friends.  Probably 5 of us IIRC.

I was goaded into it by them challenging my manhood (such as it was), so we all decided, in April sometime, that we would swim in the ice filled Granite quarry.  They were all over around my town.

Of course, being dumb and young, I never thought of it being Spring fed and colder than hell, even on a hot Summer day.  So we stripped down in the almost dark, and I dove in.

I remember it like it was an hour ago.  First, I have never experienced being so cold that my breathing just locked up.  Fortunately I dove in and the next thing I remember was like two golf balls way up in my throat! 

I was in such a state of shock that I turned around under water and  I pushed big chunks of ice away as I broke the surface.  I came out to that water like I was shot out of a gun. 

If you can't picture just how cold it was, Imagine that I was so cold and having such a hard time trying to inhale, that I went right past two teen girls in their "underwear" so fast to get into the car to warm up, that I couldn't tell you what color their undies were!

Now that I think about it, I don't believe the girls ever got wet.

Anyway, That was my first time proving to the world just how stupid I could be.  I'm much better now!

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

You know folks, I started a perfectly serious thread about spear guns for SD and now three pages later not one serious reply.  What possibly could of went wrong????

Dave..

We don't have spear guns!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

We don't have spear guns!

You don't live by water then.  Like guns, up around these parts we all own an assortment of spear guns.  Thought everyone did...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DrB said:

You don't live by water then.  Like guns, up around these parts we all own an assortment of spear guns.  Thought everyone did...

10,000 lakes here!  We use rods and reels and the occasional innocent explosion to fish.  But for the most part, you can't see far enough in the lake to use a spear gun.

I did SCUBA in one of our few lakes clear enough to see some distance.  I was amazed at how close I could get to a couple of "Northern Pike", hanging in the water just looking at me.  I could get about a foot and a half from them before they would scoot sideways, just keeping out of my reach. they had no fear at all.

I don't know of anyone spear fishing in our lakes.  I be it would require special licensing from our DNR to do that.

1 hour ago, DrB said:

Once you get a harpoon the rest is history.

Perhaps we covered this in a previous thread. 

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, Historian said:

Perhaps we covered this in a previous thread. 

Yes, but you never gave us a source for good harpoons.  Pony up, we want to know where you get yours from...

Dave..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrB said:

Yes, but you never gave us a source for good harpoons.  Pony up, we want to know where you get yours from...

Dave..

It's been a while.   I've managed to go through anger therapy, took up yoga and became a vegan.  I'm a far more well adjusted man.   Despite the fact the whale took me leg.

I would ask the Japanese since they still enjoy a good whale.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Historian said:

It's been a while.   I've managed to go through anger therapy, took up yoga and became a vegan.  I'm a far more well adjusted man.   Despite the fact the whale took me leg.

I would ask the Japanese since they still enjoy a good whale.

Well just thanks... Looks like I'm going to have to go to Japan and see Hattori Hanzo for a Japanese Steel Harpoon..  I heard he was retired though.

Edited by DrB

23 minutes ago, DrB said:

Well just thanks... Looks like I'm going to have to go to Japan and see Hattori Hanzo for a Japanese Steel Harpoon..  I heard he was retired though.

The good news is https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/greener--w-w--rifles/greener-light-harpoon-rifle-with-accessories.cfm?gun_id=101309862

Sometimes you can find a good deal online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're really worried about someone breaking into the bathroom while you're taking a shower, install a solid core door with a deadbolt and keep your gun on the sink counter. That way you'd be able to get to your gun before anyone could beak down the door.

Otherwise, there is one way to keep your gun dry while in the shower. (see illustration) But actually if you have a Glock, such extreme measures aren't necessary because it doesn't hurt Glocks to get them wet and WD-40 will displace any water. That's what the WD stands for: Water Displacing. Glocks will even fire underwater. but if it's too much trouble to spray and wipe down your Glock after showering, there's always this method:

glockxray1.JPG

Edited by Borg warner
  • Sad 1