Bathroom/Shower SD Defense

DrB

Got to thinking.  I don't want to have to clean a gun every time I take a shower. I bought 3 of these for the bathrooms.  They are great.

Tried one out in the upstairs bathroom.  The spear went right through the window into a tree.  Got the ladder out but could not pull it out so got a bird feeder to hang for a feeding station.

What do you all use for shower defense?  You never know when you might need..

Yes this is a parody of some of the survival stuff I have read lately.  Just trying to lighten the mood in these times....

Dave..

spear.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've thought about this in detail.

None of know the day or the hour when the Reaper will come calling, and I'm at peace with a wet, fat man, bellowing in terror and rage, as deterrent enough, if someone tries to bust in while I'm showering. Poopin', that's probably just as bad for them. But, if they're particularly determined and of strong constitution, by all means, they earned it.

• Haha 4

only time i`m not carrying is when i`m asleep or in the shower and then my Sidearm is beside me.

its more a habit now then a need, but i have a H.D. zip-lock bag it sits in next to the shower.

also LA Police gear gave me a 5.11 neck knife and its hanging in there too, mostly for usual knife needs, but still.

i did once consider a shampoo mace dispenser but only because i got Shampoo in my eyes and it really burned and i thought it was convenient...

• Thanks 1

My G41 lays on the spare toilet paper roll on the vanity next to the toilet, a step from the shower.

I don't think I'm paranoid, but.  Since I can't predict when I'll need by firearm, it's always with me.

If I knew places that bad people wouldn't be, I wouldn't need to carry it there.

Remember, statistics say that very few homes get "invaded" or burglarized.  Until it's your home.

I also have fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and CO2 alarms.  Because of the underlying geology and my house sitting on 40 feet of sugar sand, I don't have Radon detectors.

29 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

my Sidearm is beside me.

its more a habit now then a need, but i have a H.D. zip-lock bag it sits in next to the shower.

So this is you then? I knew it.......

Dave...

showergun.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DrB said:

Now that is good thinking, where do we all get this??? Curious minds want to know.

Dave

I go to my local police outfitter for sprays and really good Winter jackets.  I suppose it's obvious since my favorite jacket has two side zippers to access a firearm.  That probably does me almost as much good as having a firearm.

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My G41 lays on the spare toilet paper roll

You have spare toilet paper??  Where do you live??  We want to know.  Just for reference purposes only of course.

Dave

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, DrB said:

You have spare toilet paper??  Where do you live??  We want to know.  Just for reference purposes only of course.

Dave

Dammit!  I just knew  that when I typed that, that I was simply flaunting my affluence for taking care of my effluence.  It was a stupid amateur mistake, I promise I will learn from this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Back on topic...  I ordered the line reels and some 140# test line.  i going to measure the distance from each bathroom and set the line length so it just reaches out the front door.  That way if I get one, when I call the Sheriff they will only have to wrestle the flopping perp in the front yard to put the cuffs on.  Saves having them to release the K-9 and go chasing in the river valley. 

Saves time all around..  Dave..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DrB said:

Now that is good thinking, where do we all get this??? Curious minds want to know.

Dave

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-pattern-car-wash-nozzle-with-soap-dispenser-60773.html?cid=paid_google|||60773&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_JK12cnX6AIVg4bACh33bA1CEAQYASABEgIpU_D_BwE

18 minutes ago, DrB said:

So this is you then? I knew it.......

Dave...

showergun.jpg

850009552_wirehangers.gif.7906dd67c9d4e74610b89819588ac0d3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

that's me.....

Sumbody gonna get their rupaul on! 

Dat "holy johnson"  dun be a bolt on!  

Apologies in advance if I'm too off the beam.  

Edited by Rellik
To add apology
  • Haha 1

In Houston, in the 80's,, I knew a guy that kept a Glock in a ziplock bag, hanging on the showerhead in his one-bedroom apartment.  The walls were paper-thin and all the other apartments had 50 chollos living in them and it wasn't unheard of for them to wait for a neighbor to get in the shower and then bust through the front door.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

In Houston, in the 80's,, I knew a guy that kept a Glock in a ziplock bag, hanging on the showerhead in his one-bedroom apartment.  The walls were paper-thin and all the other apartments had 50 chollos living in them and it wasn't unheard of for them to wait for a neighbor to get in the shower and then bust through the front door.

Ching gow sa.  Hora ley.