will they return?

Cheygriz

Now that "the other place" has been neutered by rules changes to make it a "Safe Space" for snow flakes and whiners, I wonder if the trolls from democratic underground will remain, or go back to DU?

So far the left has "taken down" THR, TFL, and GT.  I wonder which gun forum is next?"?

• Sad 3

If something works, you stick with it. 

I opined that the environment there was intended to drive members here.  It wasn't well received, but it makes sense.  Older members there are being driven away en masse.  People like Gamer Girl and GKL.  I don't know what they did, but apparently GKL saw it coming and decided to flounce before being banned.  Falman is gone.  He certainly wasn't a snowflake, but he wasn't a Nazi either.  He was part funny and part knowledge and was definitely their loss.  I didn't think it was protecting snowflakes as much as just harassing long time members.  The reasons were so trivial, it doesn't make sense any other way.  Stuff I had deleted I never did understand, but once you're on the radar, it's just a matter of time.  Or maybe it was just personal and certain members get under the wrong skin.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Power... Power... Power...

I recall a story, possibly urban legend, about a new president and CEO of a famous department store. Is first day on the job with the new title he had all the escalator directions reversed.

Why?

Because he could and to demonstrate his power.  

Reminds me of a cartoon I read when in high school.  It was two guys, one older and one young, in suits standing in the mail room.  The older one was the company CEO.  He was telling the Mail Room staff that, "I'd like you to meet my son.  He's starting his career at the bottom, for a few days".

• Like 4

4 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Power... Power... Power...

I recall a story, possibly urban legend, about a new president and CEO of a famous department store. Is first day on the job with the new title he had all the escalator directions reversed.

Why?

Because he could and to demonstrate his power.  

There are those who relish it when they have it.  Their own little fiefdoms.  I'm thinking about 5'5".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Site Which Shall Not Be Named is a wasteland full of snowflakes,  ignorami,  and PC bolsheviks, ruled over by a cadre of pantywaist mods like a certain member here, who I will not empower by naming him.  A pox on all their houses.  They perfectly embody the liberal rot infecting America.

Know your enemy.  Resist.  Fight back.  Reclaim our heritage of freedom. 

Vote!  Demand your rights.  Speak the truth, PC be damned.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

The Site Which Shall Not Be Named is a wasteland full of snowflakes,  ignorami,  and PC bolsheviks, ruled over by a cadre of pantywaist mods like a certain member here, who I will not empower by naming him.  A pox on all their houses.  They perfectly embody the liberal rot infecting America.

Know your enemy.  Resist.  Fight back.  Reclaim our heritage of freedom. 

Vote!  Demand your rights.  Speak the truth, PC be damned.

F that guy. Hard. I wish ill upon him and whatever bastard kids his wife bore.

First, a disclaimer. I'm a stranger to the issue, I rarely visited there. But the whole thing reminds me of a story which may apply.

You go to a 5 star restaurant. The soup there is highly rated, everyone raves about it. So you order the soup.

The soup is served steaming hot. The aroma is pleasantly overpowering. The presentation, impeccable.  Chunks of whatever, everything appetizing. You hold the shiny, silvery, coronavirus-disinfected spoon and immerse it. You can almost feel the flavor.

But when you raise the spoon, you notice a cockroach in the middle of the head.

What do you do?

Just flip the cockroach away and then eat the soup anyway? Or do you refuse to have any of it?

:)

The way I figger it, I'm not missing anythin' thar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Doc McGlock said:

I stuck it out as long as I could.  There is no hope, there.  The trolling gives me the runs, not to mention the PC!

....................................................... how's the lasagna, here?

Zonny's retiring, so as soon as she comes to terms with her new status she's having a Lasagna day for us all.  We couldn't believe that she would be so wonderful and giving.  We are almost in her debt.   Almost...…………….

All things have a beginning, a middle and an end.

It is the nature of things, impermanence. After 50 years, I am beginning to understand why vampires (whom can live forever) decide to die the true death, the changes in society become too great to bear. 

Edited by EdTracker
clarity of though
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1