Orange Juice

Maser

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, DrB said:

I have a juicer that goes on my food processor.  Kinda like an automated had squeezer.

Dave..

My SIL bought a nice juicer to use with that juicing craze a couple of years ago. She really stuck with it, but was disappointed with the experience overall. Having a juicer to make basic juices (not the weird super-food juice crap everyone on You Tube was touting) would probably be helpful. I suspect one of the reasons that Minute Maid tastes so good is because they are adding stuff, like sugar. That seems to defeat the purpose of drinking the OJ, in the first place.

Anyway, she probably still has her juicer. I think I’ll ask her to borrow it for a bit.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Maser said:

I was born in 1989.  Oddly a few days after my birth the Loma Prieta quake happened. 

Well, for your edification and general fund of pop-cultural knowledge, then.

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Anyway, she probably still has her juicer. I think I’ll ask her to borrow it for a bit.

Mine isn't a juicer.  Kind of like a hand squeezer, you still have to squish the oranges on the top. It has the pulp and all that.   I'll have to get a picture when I get it out.

Dave..

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Maser said:

If you're gonna use a juicer for orange juice, remember to peel the oranges first because the peels are toxic.  They won't kill you,  but they will make your stomach miserable. 

Yeah, good point. Remember that pic I posted a while back, where they guy speed-peeled an orange with compressed air? :biggrin:

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, DrB said:

Mine isn't a juicer.  Kind of like a hand squeezer, you still have to squish the oranges on the top. It has the pulp and all that.   I'll have to get a picture when I get it out.

Dave..

Yeah, I’ve seen those. I’m a gadget junkie though. The more moving parts, the better. If they could add an app to control it, even better still.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Historian said:

Forgive me.  It would be more impressive if that happened at the time of your conception.

As disasters go, an earthquake would probably have been less dangerous climactically than an analog for skyrockets in flight.