Behold, the Chaffle

TBO

3 hours ago, tous said:

I don't know what a chaffle is, but it sort of worries me that two men are discussing china patterns.

:599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

that's no worse than a couple of gun guys discussing "color schemes" and stippling patterns for their Glocks. Anyway,  those chaffles sound like they might be pretty goo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rellik said:

I only have corell wear.  I now feel so inidaquite.  

Off to sulk in my room.........

Same here but I've some stuff upstairs that's worth some money.  It came with the house.  The PO's ex loved to spend money and this stuff was stashed in the loft in the shop.  Haven't seen it in a while, hope the Wife didn't "gift" it to someone.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eric said:

I have a George Foreman grille that comes with  four sets of interchangeable plates, including a set for making waffles. It does a hell of a job. 

I was going to ask a Q about what temp a George runs at, using one of those Alton Brown phaser like do-dads he uses to heat his frying pans, the same one that sulu uses to heat rocks..........  

But I'm still in my room sulking........

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Rellik said:

I was going to ask a Q about what temp a George runs at, using one of those Alton Brown phaser like do-dads he uses to heat his frying pans, the same one that sulu uses to heat rocks..........  

But I'm still in my room sulking........

Be careful that you don’t hit those Correlle dishes with the phaser. They will go off like photon torpedos and you shall surely parish.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

Be careful that you don’t hit those Correlle dishes with the phaser. They will go off like photon torpedos and you shall surely parish.

I had sawed on dah interwebs, dat day flourece nicely when hit wit a phaser.  Now youze tells me what kaboomage transpires.  

Wells, eider one beez usefulls during a twawki-teo Thollian sitchy-a-shun.  

• Like 1

Yesterday I made Chaffles with mild cheddar, today with Muenster cheese.

Both good, but the Muenster came through a little bit more cheese like. If you wanted to be more waffle like stick with the cheddar over the Muenster, or try mozzarella which is the suggested in cheese. I will update when I try mozzarella.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TBO said:

Yesterday I made Chaffles with mild cheddar, today with Muenster cheese.

Both good, but the Muenster came through a little bit more cheese like. If you wanted to be more waffle like stick with the cheddar over the Muenster, or try mozzarella which is the suggested in cheese. I will update when I try mozzarella.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

You might want to try Jack cheese as well.

• Like 1

Made Chaffles today using mozzarella cheese.

There's not much difference between it or the mild cheddar, or Muenster cheese, except the mozzarella was a pain in the ass to grate into a fine amount. I'll try grating it using a larger grate setting, until it's gone, then I won't use it again. I'll stick to cheddar or Muenster for a while.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk