Behold, the Chaffle

TBO

• Administrators
Just now, TBO said:

Same :tbo:

Your post sparked an Associated memory. If you watch the TV series Southland, this should give you a kick.

There was an incident when the main cop character John Cooper was talking to a bigger Burley type person who had complained or reported a crime. There was an opportunity to make a gay type double entendre by John Cooper to which the suspect looked at him and said "are you ****ing with me"? John Cooper replied "kind of" with a smirk.... which of course led to an immediate attack and assault by the outraged Burley biker type guy. :rofl:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

That was a great scene! I loved that series. I would like to stomp the **** out of whoever was responsible for how they left the series. It deserved far better than that. I’ve watched a lot of cop dramas and Southland was one of the best. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Historian said:

You might as well ask me if i packed a 1911.

I spent the whole time I watched Buster Scruggs feeling like someone was beating me with a goofy stick and I loved every minute of it. The first two stories were the best. “Pan Shot!” :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I spent the whole time a watched Buster Scruggs feeling like someone was beating me with a goofy stick and I loved it. The first two stories were the best. “Pan Shot!” :anim_rofl2:

Pan shot!  Got it!  I think that was my first soft body armor!

I;m going to see if my wife's cast iron can help on Monday.  It might confuse people too.  Who knows. Whatever works.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, TBO said:

Same :tbo:

Your post sparked an Associated memory. If you watch the TV series Southland, this should give you a kick.

There was an incident when the main cop character John Cooper was talking to a bigger Burley type person who had complained or reported a crime. There was an opportunity to make a gay type double entendre by John Cooper to which the suspect looked at him and said "are you ****ing with me"? John Cooper replied "kind of" with a smirk.... which of course led to an immediate attack and assault by the outraged Burley biker type guy. :rofl:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

The episodes were officer Cooper and his partner were kidnapped by those methheads was powerful TV. The whole series was approached very differently than other cop dramas and it made for a memorable show. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Historian said:

Pan shot!  Got it!  I think that was my first soft body armor!

I;m going to see if my wife's cast iron can help on Monday.  It might confuse people too.  Who knows. Whatever works.

The best line from the whole damned movie though was, “First time?” :anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2:

Fellers i just made a comment about the horse starting to turn.

Just as a public service warning, if your wife cooks dinner and it's not.....great...

Don't say, 'This is a finer grade of chinchilla than i am used to."

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Historian said:

As good as the line, "I think this horse is about to turn."

image.gif.4620cac7c38a81a7f233680d85d3e561.gif

If you haven’t already seen a movie called Big Trouble, you need to watch it. It is one of the funniest, yet least appreciated comedies I have ever seen. It has a powerhouse cast, with stars like Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Denis Farina, Stan Tucci, Jason Lee, Ben Foster, Tom Sizemore, Johnny Knoxville and more. The flick has a great plot and the comedy is as good as any movie like it I’ve ever seen.

Sizemore and Knoxville are a couple of dumbass, born-to-lose petty thieves. It is worth watching the movie just for them. At one point they are robbing someone and one of them stops and says, “I think I hear one of them silent alarms.” It is a hell of a lot of fun. As much as I suggest it to others, they should have me on retainer. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Historian said:

As good as the line, "I think this horse is about to turn."

image.gif.4620cac7c38a81a7f233680d85d3e561.gif

Oh Brother Where Art Thou is another one of my favorite comedies. I never would have guessed that John Tuturro had comedy in him. His brother played detective Martinez on NYPD Blue. Those two are just about as different as two brothers can be, but they are both great actors, in their own right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eric said:

Oh Brother Where Art Thou is another one of my favorite comedies. I never would have guessed that John Tuturro had comedy in him. His brother played detective Martinez on NYPD Blue. Those two are just about as different as two brothers can be, but they are both great actors, in their own right. 

Say, uh, any a you boys smithies?

The hobos stare.

Everett gives an ingratiating smile as, behind him, the second 
	convict starts to haul himself into the boxcar, the third 
	convict still keeping pace outside.

EVERETT
		Or, if not smithies per se, were you 
		otherwise trained in the metallurgic 
		arts before straitened circumstances 
		forced you into a life of aimless 
		wanderin'?
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Historian said:

Say, uh, any a you boys smithies?

The hobos stare.

Everett gives an ingratiating smile as, behind him, the second 
	convict starts to haul himself into the boxcar, the third 
	convict still keeping pace outside.

EVERETT
		Or, if not smithies per se, were you 
		otherwise trained in the metallurgic 
		arts before straitened circumstances 
		forced you into a life of aimless 
		wanderin'?

“This place is a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere!” He’s a suitor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Historian said:

I swear, Eric.  I have a can of Dapper Dan Shaving Cream...and a brush...ordered from Amazon.

It came from England....and took almost two weeks!

Damn. We need to host a drunken film festival. We would make millions... And spend every dime gloriously before we sobered up. For some reason, Brewster’s Millions just popped into my head. I could have so spent 33 million in one month, with nothing to show for. Hell, I could have knocked that out in a good week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eric said:

Damn. We need to host a drunken film festival. We would make millions... And spend every dime gloriously before we sobered up. For some reason, Brewster;s Millions just popped into my head. I could have so spent 33 million in one month, with nothing to show for. Hell, I could have knocked that out in a good week. 

Every year for the last five years i've gotten drunk for charity as a Santa on a pub crawl.

You wanna do this.   My liver is experienced!  I am flammable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

“So, do you think we are banned from all the Woolworths or just this one?”

One can only hope.  Honestly, i know no shame sometimes.  Sometimes i want to exit by going down in flames.

As i said to my bartender once, " I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of."

Oh hell, that sounds like something i should tell my boss when i tell him i'm hittin the road.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I am faced with a dilemma. I don’t own Oh Brother Where Art Thou electronically and I don’t remember where I put the Blu Ray disk. So, do I get up and look for it, or do I buy the movie on iTunes because I am too damned lazy to go look for it? I’ll go with the lazy option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric said:

I am faced with a dilemma. I don’t own Oh Brother Where Art Thou electronically and I don’t remember where I put the Blu Ray disk. So, do I get up and look for it, or do I buy the movie on iTunes because I am too damned lazy to go look for it? I’ll go with the lazy option. 

Go with lazy.  Not that i am lazy.  But because i aspire to be lazy. Go with greatness, Eric.

• Like 2