Trapped in my Compound

She laid in the woods out back chewing her cud. I went out for lunch and when I got back, I looked out and saw that she wasn't laying there. But a few minutes later she was in front again mauling the crabapple tree for lunch.

Yes, I have eaten a ton of her kin. I have taken 19 of her relatives with a bow, and 18 with a firearm. Plus all the ones my friends and relatives have shared with me. I'm making moose chili for the Super Bowl party at our local Senior Center. I'm using the recipe the fire fighter shared here a couple years ago with dried prunes in it. Don't knock it till you try it. I make it several times a year to rave reviews.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Presguy said:

Perhaps add a squirrel and see if the plot to a cartoon develops?

There was the time a brown bear treed me. You know they can't climb trees. I was unarmed. Bear tried pushing the tree over. Dug around the roots and tried some more. Finally left. I waited a good long time and then climbed down. Heard noise in the brush, so back up the tree I went. Out of the brush comes that same bear. It had a beaver with it.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

There was the time a brown bear treed me. You know they can't climb trees. I was unarmed. Bear tried pushing the tree over. Dug around the roots and tried some more. Finally left. I waited a good long time and then climbed down. Heard noise in the brush, so back up the tree I went. Out of the brush comes that same bear. It had a beaver with it.

yeah, the Females are the most Aggressive....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

He brought the brains of the outfit.

2 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

yeah, the Females are the most Aggressive....

Why should that species be any different!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

She laid in the woods out back chewing her cud. I went out for lunch and when I got back, I looked out and saw that she wasn't laying there. But a few minutes later she was in front again mauling the crabapple tree for lunch.

Yes, I have eaten a ton of her kin. I have taken 19 of her relatives with a bow, and 18 with a firearm. Plus all the ones my friends and relatives have shared with me. I'm making moose chili for the Super Bowl party at our local Senior Center. I'm using the recipe the fire fighter shared here a couple years ago with dried prunes in it. Don't knock it till you try it. I make it several times a year to rave reviews.

I guess it's not hunting season.  Do you think she knows that?  How many crab apples left until you gain your freedom?