Pecan brittle

gwalchmai

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Oh, wow <nom, nom> my MIL made me a big bag of pecan brittle for my birthday <nom, nom>. That woman's trying to kill me, I swear. <nom, nom>

Every Christmas my Son's In-laws send us Peanut Brittle they buy in the Amish Community.  I love it when it's very thin with lots of Peanuts and that's the way they make it.  I can't stop eating it!  Pecans would be a great touch!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I've never had Pecan brittle but loved peanut brittle when I was young. Now days I worry about breaking my teeth (have several times in recent history). I don't eat hard candy anymore. tom. :fred:

I have had more trouble with soft very sticky candy pulling off my Crowns.  But, it is inevitable that at some point in time we will have to focus on pastries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, janice6 said:

I just picked my wife up from her card night.  I told her I looked at LED lit Pasties for her, but $22 was too much.

She said they sounded intriguing, since at her age she could then see where she was walking at night.

Careful. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

Kinda thinkin' the "at her age" comment might get some stern looks. But that's just me.

I'd go back to the pastry thing. 

She said, "At my age...…………………….".

I didn't say that, she did. Anyway, age is a reality and the consequences are obvious.  it doesn't make women less desirable.

I would rather live with a woman with a sense of humor than one without.  You have to laugh at life, after all, you are going to die.  And shortly, for spouses of "our age".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, janice6 said:

I just picked my wife up from her card night.  I told her I looked at LED lit Pasties for her, but $22 was too much.

She said they sounded intriguing, since at her age she could then see where she was walking at night.

I'm sorry. I was reading from this quote.

I'll go away now.?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

Not a fan of pecans.  :ack2:

I hunt in a rather large field and one of my favorite places is a pecan tree.  I see there and crack them quietly and look far away.

I'd rather be there than just about anywhere in the world.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2