Well , I Think They Stepped In It Now

willie-pete

Good time to get rid of the nuke enrichment facilities, if nothing else. Seems like a good idea.

I wonder if that was the plan all along ?

Every cloud has a silver lining;

except, of course, the mushroom shaped clouds that have linings of Cesium 137 and Strontium 90.

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, TX OMFS said:

Oh man. We are never leaving the Middle East. Can we at least get enough oil to pay for our trouble?

I think Bush made sure to give it all to China so his critics couldn't say the war was about oil.  That could change now though.

Crush your enemies.  

See them driven before you.  

And hear the lamentations of their wimmins.  

Pig bombs all their resevsiours.  

Light up the refineries.  

Bomb the oil feilds.  

Bomb every dam.  

Moab every airport.  

Turn off electricity gen plants.  

Poop-losey is home losin' her mind.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Good time to get rid of the nuke enrichment facilities, if nothing else. Seems like a good idea.

I wonder if that was the plan all along ?

Every cloud has a silver lining;

except, of course, the mushroom shaped clouds that have linings of Cesium 137 and Strontium 90.

That's what I figured.  Get a team in there and collapse the tunnels on the equipment and then seal the radioactive stuff in a tomb. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

That's what I figured.  Get a team in there and collapse the tunnels on the equipment and then seal the radioactive stuff in a tomb. 

Don't need a team; B61 Mod 12 dial a yield deep penetrator in a stealth bomber. Shake the building to pieces and no radioactivity ( to speak of ).

Or a couple of MOAB's with a lot of air cover for the C-130.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rumor has it we had about 2 hours advance notice, and moved personnel and assets.

Let's look at this from another angle- Iran was allowed to save face to its citizens, display a little might by shooting off medium range ballistics, and do no real damage. Perhaps this was ALLOWED to happen. After all, CNN quoted one of the iranian big-wigs afterward as saying they do not want an escalation. This give the US the opportunity to look benevolent and forgiving to the rest of the world.

• Like 3

Rumor has it we had about 2 hours advance notice, and moved personnel and assets.
Let's look at this from another angle- Iran was allowed to save face to its citizens, display a little might by shooting off medium range ballistics, and do no real damage. Perhaps this was ALLOWED to happen. After all, CNN quoted one of the iranian big-wigs afterward as saying they do not want an escalation. This give the US the opportunity to look benevolent and forgiving to the rest of the world.
Pretty much

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

I was thinking about this:  This may be a time to play the cards very close to the vest and not do much.  Not because we are afraid. But because it's up to them to show their national arse.   Give them enough room to paint themselves into a corner.  Then get'em good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I think Trump let’s this slide and reemphasizes his red line: US casualties will draw harsh retaliation.

But........Hannity said planes were on the way last night

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

Well, let's assess this academically.

Iran has been an irritant in the ME since 1979; taking over the US embassy, engaged in direct war with Iraq, attacking lots of things, propping up Syria and Lebanon, forming and supporting religious terror groups, and supporting enemies of the US intervention in Iraq and to a lesser degree, in Afghanistan. 

They opted to kill an American contractor whose name is hardly well known and in response we kill Suleimani, Jabri, and some minor functionaries. That action, in geopolitics, is a sizeable escalation. International law and custom allows for proportional response to conflict. Iran fires off missiles and hits the ground in Iraq. 

Can we hit their enrichment sites? No, for two reasons. One, it is not proportional and two - and more importantly, they are buried deep as are all their nuclear labs and test sites. The only way we can reliably collapse these sites are with nuclear weapons detonated by either ground burst [this causes huge amounts of fallout and will kill innocent people] or to use the Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator bomb to dig into the earth and then detonate. Again, fallout and the international outrage of using nuclear weapons in a first strike against a non-nuclear [for now] armed state The MOAB or conventional "bunker buster" ordnance will not reliably do the job. 

Attacks on their A2AD systems will work in the short term, but these forces are reconstituted quickly and Russia will likely sell SAM systems they recently agreed not to sell to Iran. Attacks on their naval facilities would result in the same thing. Attacking the surface missile sites would seem the best, albeit, temporary decision to continue the violence, if that was decided upon.  

Attacks against their refineries would be economically effective, constricting their limited production and exports of fuels, but it would cause some negative environmental impact and likely lead to similar reprisals against UAE, Saudi, and other oil producers. Long term, it would add political pressure on the mullahs as the populace has less fuel to buy and even less cash to spend. 

Decapitation strikes? It hasn't worked yet and would enrage popular opinion in Iran. Look at how long it took to get Bin Laden, the head of a terror organization or Hussein after Iraq fell. Trying to use the USAF to assassinate a foreign leader is an astronomical long shot chance.

The Sunni vs. Shi'a divide is not as effective an exploitation as is widely assumed in the West. Muslims will nearly always side with each other against the nonbelievers/West.

The best immediate option is to launch a selective cyber attack on the Iranian military over the next months with the intention of degrading their performance, should things escalate. We also need to promote the resolve of Arab states and Israel against the growing and undue Persian influence as a regional hegemon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1