Well , I Think They Stepped In It Now

willie-pete

12 minutes ago, blueiron said:

Iran has been an irritant in the ME since 1979; taking over the US embassy, engaged in direct war with Iraq, attacking lots of things, propping up Syria and Lebanon, forming and supporting religious terror groups, and supporting enemies of the US intervention in Iraq and to a lesser degree, in Afghanistan. 

Still waiting for for these brave muzzie wariors to get it together and give the persians the stoppin' they deserve.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

He probably meant B-52’s to Diego Garcia.

I wasn’t trying to ding Wyzzkid.

i loved Hannity and Colmes, listened to his radio show.

like Rush, who I listened to every day, 24/7 member, magazine, watched the tv show, the wife has a Rush Babe t-shirt, hell I bought his ties and Mercy has his history books.

sometime, about halfway into the Obama admin....it stopped being fun. No more parodies, updates, just rants about liberals “destroying this country” 

he and Hannity are just propagandist now. Same as Maddow and Olbermann on the left.

damn shame

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I wasn’t trying to ding Wyzzkid.

i loved Hannity and Colmes, listened to his radio show.

like Rush, who I listened to every day, 24/7 member, magazine, watched the tv show, the wife has a Rush Babe t-shirt, hell I bought his ties and Mercy has his history books.

sometime, about halfway into the Obama admin....it stopped being fun. No more parodies, updates, just rants about liberals “destroying this country” 

he and Hannity are just propagandist now. Same as Maddow and Olbermann on the left.

damn shame

Yep.

• Like 2

It's funny that Iran fired on US targets and missed, it's not like they were moving.  I suspect they wanted to look like the did something, but didn't want to kill any Americans.  I say that is an improvement over previous presidents.

Imagine being the guy who fired the missiles, after being told to "shoot wide, but be sure not to hit anything or hurt anyone"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Trump also announced new sanctions on Iran. "The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime," he said."These powerful sanctions will remain until Iran changes its behavior.”

It's quite clear that Trump isn't planning a military response to this attack yet, but new sanctions against Iran show that he's sending a message that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I guess the planes got recalled

its gonna be a continuing problem for the foreseeable future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PPQer said:

It's funny that Iran fired on US targets and missed, it's not like they were moving.  I suspect they wanted to look like the did something, but didn't want to kill any Americans.  I say that is an improvement over previous presidents.

Imagine being the guy who fired the missiles, after being told to "shoot wide, but be sure not to hit anything or hurt anyone"

We were warned ahead of time so we could evacuate.

U.S. military officials were warned about Iran’s pending ballistic missile strike “when the air defense systems went active” shortly before the attack was launched, a U.S. official in Baghdad told Fox News on Wednesday.

U.S. intelligence picked up "chatter" from Iran and inside Iraq, tipping off American forces to a strike around 1:30 a.m. local time -- or 5:30 p.m. ET. Soon after, Iran launched more than a dozen short-range ballistic missiles into Iraq, striking military bases housing American and coalition troops.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-military-iran-iraq-missile-attack-warning-officials

they didn’t want ‘actually’ kill anybody

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Trump also announced new sanctions on Iran. "The United States will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions on the Iranian regime," he said."These powerful sanctions will remain until Iran changes its behavior.”

It's quite clear that Trump isn't planning a military response to this attack yet, but new sanctions against Iran show that he's sending a message that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I guess the planes got recalled

its gonna be a continuing problem for the foreseeable future

Like it has been a continual problem from the recent past.

Found a few sources that said we had planes in the air, probably monitoring, flying sensor platforms if nothing else. I'd be more surprised if we didn't have planes in the air and more inbound.

Stuff like that is kind of like calling for cover on the radio. One time my partner screamed for help on the radio, BG had just put a gun in his face, had 93 units inbound in 67 seconds. Drunk BG was taken into custody without further incident or screaming, and 91 units got to clear and return to eating donuts and drinking coffee. We cleared everyone but two units at the 3min. mark, and some of those guys had whisked a solid seven miles of blacktop under their cars in that amount of time.

I suspect our armed forces are the same way. If it looks like somebody is going to need help in dishing out a whupping then we get stuff moving. Counts as training if not needed, counts for real if needed.

• Like 3