I've had enough with the MF snakes on this MF deer stand.

Silentpoet

I'd like to know what area of MS.  It was too warm for deer hunting over the holidays, so this is disturbing, but not surprising.

Here is another article that gives the location...Lexington in Holmes County.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/outdoors/2020/01/02/mississippi-hunter-trapped-ground-blind-rattlesnake-deer-hunting/2775083001/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When i was growing up we had a wonderful family friend.  He was a true hero of the Korean War...and later in life became a doctor.

He grew up dirt poor in Wyoming.  Their house had wooden walls they filled the cracks with news print...things like that...when they had to.

One night he was dreaming about a snake in his room.  The next morn. he woke up and went to make his bed...and found...a real rattle snake had crawled in for warmth.

I would have found religion might fast at that point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

When i was growing up we had a wonderful family friend.  He was a true hero of the Korean War...and later in life became a doctor.

He grew up dirt poor in Wyoming.  Their house had wooden walls they filled the cracks with news print...things like that...when they had to.

One night he was dreaming about a snake in his room.  The next morn. he woke up and went to make his bed...and found...a real rattle snake had crawled in for warmth.

I would have found religion might fast at that point.

Yep.  Don't bite the ass that warms you.

• Like 2

Them buzzworms ain't no joke. They're absolutely beautiful, especially when compared to a moccasin. Love those keeled scales and ornate patterns!

That stated, I prefer to observe from a good 15' away or more.

I've given Crofab (antivenom) 6 times in my career. 5/6 involved alcohol, and that seems to be about the statistical average of snakebites- most involve a "hold my beer..." story.

Edited by tadbart
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I've given Crofab (antivenom) 6 times in my career. 5/6 involved alcohol, and that seems to be about the statistical average of snakebites- most involve a "hold my beer..." story.

Yep, when them rattlemocs get to drinkin' they don't do very much thinkin'...

• Haha 1