greenhouse maintenance

ASH

im really getting to old  or maybe not old but feel old.   i had to patch  some greenhouse plastic  today  , my help was sick  so just me , but i love using this bucket  lol 

got a few maters thou  , 

81929146_10156953218325838_7775189492201160704_n.jpg

80888048_10156953217170838_4037080374168256512_n.jpg

81463472_10156953216970838_1972464301918650368_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish I had that bucket.  Every time I have to fix my little greenhouse, I'm standing on a ladder slapping sticky plastic sheeting upwards from the inside.  If I'm lucky, I'll get one more year out of this one, then I'll have to order all new plastic and put that on.  I intensely dislike that job.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I wish I had that bucket.  Every time I have to fix my little greenhouse, I'm standing on a ladder slapping sticky plastic sheeting upwards from the inside.  If I'm lucky, I'll get one more year out of this one, then I'll have to order all new plastic and put that on.  I intensely dislike that job.

me  2  ,  messing with plastic is a pain in the ass.   this bucket belongs  to a buddy of mine  ,thankfully  we are tight  and i get to use it anytime , he gets free run of the berry patch and gardens   ,   then  the machine  thats puts down plastic and water line under it  to make rows  for the berries  every damn year  that is a pain as well.  i love all the equipment  and advances  in farm machinery thru the years  but gremlins  will pop up  like clockwork .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thanks ,  i got 2 more  houses to do tomorrow   .  and weather says rain and drizzle all day  .  im supposed to be retired !!   im finding it harder  to not to do anything ,  after almost 40 years   it hard to move on  .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ASH said:

thanks ,  i got 2 more  houses to do tomorrow   .  and weather says rain and drizzle all day  .  im supposed to be retired !!   im finding it harder  to not to do anything ,  after almost 40 years   it hard to move on  .  

Grit your teeth and sleep in!

• Thanks 1

I ride in those buckets on a regular basis.  I've never been trained to operate them,  so I just ride.  I've had waaay too many need-new-underwear experiences.  Some operators are very proficient experts, and some are...   hoo-boy.

We once went up several hundred feet to the platform we needed.  The guy parked it and we climbed onto the platform and did our work. 

But when he parked it,  the very corner-tip of the basket had rested on the platform. 

It was very cold,  so the controls were sluggish.  The hydraulics had also leaked down,  but it was resting on the platform.  Starting to go down,  he had to gun it because the controls weren't responding.  Then the corner popped off of the platform. 

Because it had leaked down,  we dropped in freefall for a good 10'.  Then it bounced like one of those rubber-band rides at a carnival.

After we were completely done,  the guy wanted to go back up to tweak some stuff,  but I refused.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, tadbart said:

That's one helluva greenhouse. Impressive.

I'm planning maybe 5 or 6 trusses worth on the next hunk of land.  12x20-ish? Tire taters, peas and maters to can, a couple spices.

Go 15x50.  greenhouses are like tractors.  you never wish you had bought  a smaller one.

• Like 1