Hero ex-FBI agent who stopped Texas church shooting says he 'had to take out' gunman because 'evil exists'

TBO

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

While I am glad the people in the church were legally allowed to carry and euphonized the criminal, I really wish the media (and people on forums) would STOP posting the life story and pictures of the scum that continue to do this.

The headlines should read "gunman identified as a felon", then the story should say "after being shot by the church people the gunman died" nothing more. These idiots do not deserve the 15 minutes of fame people keep giving them.

i agree.

but then they would have to talk more about how a Good and Humble Godly man stopped a lunatic from slaughtering people he thought were trapped and with one shot.

i think the Media would rather idolize a madman and maybe create others with his story, rather then admit they may have been wrong.

my kinda Church though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tadbart said:

I'd prefer a more up-to-date photo be splashed across the news, much like leaving criminals on the gallows until sundown, for all to see.

It might do our society some good to remember that actions have consequences.

Video of his dead body (never named by the media, and referred to only as "convicted felon illegally in possession of firearm who attempted to shoot up a church") being splashed with gasoline and set on fire, and then the ashes being dumped in an unnamed garbage dump might help even more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Historian said:

Many countries have a policy of not printing the names of mad men like this let alone their photographs.

It tends to drive down the number of people who consider such stupid ideas from seeing it as a positive way to go.

So how do we make this one of those?

First post of 2020

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike said:

So how do we make this one of those?

First post of 2020

You have an issue with the press.   In other countries where they still have a more traditional press and the police don't release names of film you don't see this as much. The other issue you have is everyone and the uncle has a phone with a video camera on it and you get them slapped on youface or whatever other video system people want to use.

Canada is a great example of this.  Someone does something horrible there...your memory vanishes...and you don't become some kind of twisted rock star of doom.   There is no public video.  No picture of you on the news or in the press.  They don't even use you your name. 

But if you really want an answer:  The thing that will stop this.  When people start giving a crap about each other.  These people are sick and have long track records.  Many of them should have been placed in a metal institution long ago but we closed those down.  Now there's a population of people who are nuts and feel this is a way to live forever...there is not one case i am aware of where this was a first time offense for someone.  (except for terrorists)

Hell most of them out themselves on social media as being twisted.  You can see this a mile away.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/30/2019 at 2:26 PM, Historian said:

He made a 50 ft. shot and drilled the guy in the head.

That man is an error in the victim selection process.

That was a helluva shot under stress.  Sure, I can do that at the range with my Glock, but at the range, the target isn't shooting back!  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

That was a helluva shot under stress.  Sure, I can do that at the range with my Glock, but at the range, the target isn't shooting back!  

I had the same thought!  I mighta been able to do it 15 years ago...but this is a different matter today.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 9:44 AM, Mrs.Cicero said:

Video of his dead body (never named by the media, and referred to only as "convicted felon illegally in possession of firearm who attempted to shoot up a church") being splashed with gasoline and set on fire, and then the ashes being dumped in an unnamed garbage dump might help even more.

If one can believe the background of the Hornblower stories from C S Forester the British covered the hanging bodies of some criminals with tar so they would last longer. This was in the early 1800s - Napoleonic wars era.  

• Like 2