1986 balloon eff up

ASH

17 hours ago, Historian said:

Wow. I missed this one. 

I guess today everyone knows that releasing that many balloons isn't a good idea.  More over.  It appears they spent a lot of money on this rather than helping people.

Publicity over assistance.  Pure politics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

Publicity over assistance.  Pure politics.

I've been the head of of a volunteer organization for three years that has purchased an ultrasound machine for a women's clinic (pro-life), feed hundreds of families for a week at Christmas, put shoes on kids feet, coats on their backs...raised nearly 60,000 for charity.

Ain't one of us made a dime on it. What goes in...goes out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Historian said:

I've been the head of of a volunteer organization for three years that has purchased an ultrasound machine for a women's clinic (pro-life), feed hundreds of families for a week at Christmas, put shoes on kids feet, coats on their backs...raised nearly 60,000 for charity.

Ain't one of us made a dime on it. What goes in...goes out.

That's the way "assistance" is supposed to be.  The problem is that "management" comes from people that worry about advertising and it's those that cause the purpose to be distorted.  They become concerned about funding and hire publicity companies to bring in money.  Soon the money is more important than the original reason for existence.

There are charities I wouldn't give a dime to because I had experience with them and their methods.

• Like 1