How warm is it where you are today

DrB

So far it's been a mild winter in NE Washington state and we've had a few inches of snow just lately, but tomorrow more snow is predicted and it's supposed to be 28 during the day and 15 at night and Tuesday 23/14 and then it will start warming up again from there.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

We're supposed to be well above normal (with some 50's) all next week, then above-normal for the rest of January.

Looking at the February forecast,  above-normal all month.

The year without a winter.

For all the rain we've had for the last 2 1/2 years,  and from experience,  we're sure to get some uber-massive snowstorms in March, and maybe even April.

(The Amazon truck got stuck in our muddy driveway last week.  And they let the poor girl sit there for five hours.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

All the guys in Jamaica broke for lunch.  They all had styrofoam boxes with chicken (jerked?!!).  I asked where the got them and they all just shrugged and pointed (they did that a lot) down the street.

If I had walked out of the front gate,  I would have been forever missing, or dead, in one minute.  I asked if there were any vending machines.  They shrugged and pointed and told me to go see Charlie.  The lunchroom was packed,  because it was a big broom closet.  In the back of the broom closet was a broom closet with Charlie sitting there.  They told him I was hungry.  I told him I'd have to go get my money,  and he said he'd catch me later.

He pulled a wad of grease-paper from a bottom shelf and cut off two massive (like, 1" thick) slabs of cheese (they said it was goat) and sliced two slabs of bread off of a huge loaf.  He gave me a (used) paper cup and filled it up,  from a jug,  that was an extremely thick goat (they said) milk,  and had pulverized peanuts in it,  like a warm smoothie.

The cheese was the best I ever had.  The bread was the best I've ever had.  The thick-warm-milk thing...  well I drank most of it.

We were all leaving at the end of the day and we heard a loud whistle from way off.  It was Charlie.  I had forgot to pay him.  I asked the guy I was with how much I'd owe him.  He shrugged and said, $5  (it was probably really only $1).

All I had was a $20,  so I handed it to Charlie,  and he put it in his pocket and walked away.

When my little ship was in the Mediterranean, we ran out of fresh milk so the captain bought some at one of the ports we hit.

I really dislike milk.  But I have to tell you, the most disgusting drink I had that year was the Goats Milk we had brought on board.  God that stuff was awful.  I had Coffee on my cereal instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

We're supposed to be well above normal (with some 50's) all next week, then above-normal for the rest of January.

Looking at the February forecast,  above-normal all month.

The year without a winter.

For all the rain we've had for the last 2 1/2 years,  and from experience,  we're sure to get some uber-massive snowstorms in March, and maybe even April.

(The Amazon truck got stuck in our muddy driveway last week.  And they let the poor girl sit there for five hours.)

You, of course, couldn't help her with anything over the 5 hours.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

I was in my basement office.  My wife came down and said there was a u-haul in our driveway for 45 minutes,  and she needed to let the dog out.

I went out and checked.  That driveway is flat (dirt).  We'd only had 6' of rain, in the last two weeks.

It was just flat and smooth.  The back tires hadn't even sunk down.  At all.

I didn't think she'd let me,  but did,  and I tried gunning it back and forth, for twenty minutes.  It moved a little more each time.  The tires still didn't mud-down.  Just flat and smooth and wet.  Like ice.  I jammed a bunch of bark-slabs,  and branches and sticks in there.  No go.

Our cars don't have hitches,  and we would've just got stuck too.

We didn't know she was going to be there five hours.

Each time I checked on her,  she said, "They're coming."

Then they probably fired her for not finishing her deliveries on time.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

I just purchased a new snow blower last fall, to be ready.

You guys can thank me now.

So far all snow events have been similar to Democrats screeching doom. Nothing burgers.

Carry on.

As soon as anything, even the slightest problem occurs with your snow blower, you can damn well bet you're going to get covered in snow.  Those damn things know, somehow they know!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1