On This Day In History

Eric

My father marched in the funeral as part of the navy.  My mom, who's from a village of about 300 in France, has always said one of the greatest honors of her life was ironing the uniform my father wore that day.

My grandfather visited the US only once...and he took to things home.  An Eisenhower silver dollar and a JFK half.

That...says volumes about how the world saw us...and how shocking JFK's death was to the world.

He had potential.  We are unlikely to see that kind of Democrat again...ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was 16 years old and in the tenth grade when it happened. I was in class and it was announced over the PA system. I can go back to that very moment and remember every detail.

Same thing with September eleventh. A girlfriend called me early in the morning that day and told me she didn't have time to explain but said to turn on my television.  Like the Kennedy assassination I will never forget September 11th as long as I live. Sadly, a lot of people have forgotten that day.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was 16 years old and in the tenth grade when it happened. I was in class and it was announced over the PA system. I can go back to that very moment and remember every detail.

Same thing with September eleventh. A girlfriend called me early in the morning that day and told me she didn't have time to explain but said to turn on my television.  Like the Kennedy assassination I will never forget September 11th as long as I live. Sadly, a lot of people have forgotten that day.

And December 7...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 2