No! Bad Bear!

Silentpoet

8 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Another lib idiot!

A 12 ga would have prevented this.

Aren't Liberals funny!   I would love to throw one in front of a wild bear and watch him/her try to talk their way out of trouble.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

So even the bears in Canada are overly nice?  Then again that's not really saying much because black bears are pretty tame compared to a brown bear.  As long as it's not defending her cubs.  I got a friend of a friend who lives by an old lady in North CA who routinely chases black bears out of her front and back yards with a broom or mop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Maser said:

So even the bears in Canada are overly nice?  Then again that's not really saying much because black bears are pretty tame compared to a brown bear.  As long as it's not defending her cubs.  I got a friend of a friend who lives by an old lady in North CA who routinely chases black bears out of her front and back yards with a broom or mop. 

Same story I hear in the Minnesota North woods.

One of my daughters did comment on the "cute Pink nose" of a Brown bear she saw at the cabin one year!

• Like 1

She disagreed with something that tried to eat her.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/mama-bear-bites-woman-in-longwood-neighborhood

A mama bear bit a Longwood woman early Tuesday, shortly after she let her dog outside, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

The bear attack happened just after midnight in The Springs neighborhood on Wild Holly Lane in Longwood. "

The article doesn't say if she talked to the bear.

:whistling:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, willie-pete said:

She disagreed with something that tried to eat her.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/mama-bear-bites-woman-in-longwood-neighborhood

A mama bear bit a Longwood woman early Tuesday, shortly after she let her dog outside, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

The bear attack happened just after midnight in The Springs neighborhood on Wild Holly Lane in Longwood. "

The article doesn't say if she talked to the bear.

:whistling:

It is sad that human mothers will defend their children, while if critters do the same thing, they are a threat and many are hunted down and killed.

I understand that it seemed an unprovoked attack, but to the Bear, Dogs are a threat much like their wild brothers, and humans don't seem to care for them much either.

• Like 1

It's our own damned fault.  Humans gather together since they are also a pack animal.

When concentrated in one location, we produce vast quantities of garbage, not the least of which is food.  We throw away more food in this country that most other places in the world.

Wild critters are smart.  If they are not smart they quickly are food for other critters.  This is a selection process that results in wild animals knowing that where humans are, there is an abundance of food in their garbage.

The obvious result is that where humans congregate, so do wild animals.  We represent a tremendous food source with little effort to get it.

We also provide Dogs and Cats that wander around outside and are simply another food source for wild critters.  Boulder, CO was on my business route, and they told me of the problem with Cougars hunting the pets in town.

Records show that many wild powerful critters are among us all over this country, but we are so interested in ourselves that we don't even see them.

When we castigate wild animals for being among us, and our fear of them makes us feel threatened, we lose sight of the fact that they now come to us for the same reason we come to each other. 

We find it advantageous to concentrate, it means food, lodging, and security are easier to provide.

In spite of pissing off the wild animals among us, they are just here for the same reason we are.

• Like 1