SHort range hitman projectile

geeorge

6 minutes ago, TBO said:

What we really need is a device that can scramble an egg inside it's shell.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

My God man!  Your pushing the very limits of technology by looking for something that is the heights of ambition for both the Gods, and Man!

Our society cannot afford the total dedication of material wealth to accomplish this herculean feat!

Better to spend our limited resources and go to 5 guys Burger and fries!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TBO said:

What we really need is a device that can scramble an egg inside it's shell.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Great caesars ghost!  Next thing he'll want is a way to mix frozen watr with liquid water as a cheap way of having chilling refreshment.  

Can't be done bwoy.  Everbody knows that the exothermic reaction when the hard cold water ( gotta invent a better name for that)  hits dat wet stuff inna glass can shatter down to the molly-cure level!  Too dangerous I say.  Its jess knot dunn.  For good reason too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Any decent military contracting company could modify that configuration to mitigate the 'G's' experienced by that Egg, so that it was able to sustain it's health and configuration while experiencing the excessive acceleration created by the forces produced during extreme rotation. 

Kind'a like we do for commercial products sold to the MIlitary for use on tactical platforms.

Any one in for writing a technical proposal for submission of a new program effort to "save the Egg"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, they had some grandiose plans for refrigeration.  I thought I read about the idea in Popular Mechanics a damn long time ago.
A big marvel in the USA  was that the concrete Liberty ships worked.

One of Clive Cuslers’ Dirk Pitt novels had Mr Pitt escaping the bad guys by using a classic style cast iron bathtub as a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 9:07 AM, SC Tiger said:

I SO have to try that now. :anim_lol:

What kind of crack-pipe fever dream was THAT?

Like many things - war makes desperate, otherwise dumb-sounding ideas attractive.  But then what happens is that the war ends before the dumb sounding ideas can be either proven dumb or proven to work.

But there is a pretty big heat source right behind it.  

Best bet might would be a sabot round - would help shield the bullet from heat from the propellant and the barrel friction (if made of the right material).  Even at that, the odds of that working are very low.  But then the better solution might be to use a previously fired bullet from another rifle (say someone you wanted to frame) in the sabot.

I would be concerned about the shock imparted on the ice projectile when fired, along with that, the compression due to the expanding gasses occurring at such a high velocity I believe would shatter the ice as it came out of the barrel.

An artillery shell experiences a 50,000 G shock on the projectile when fired, for example.  This was the design shock  criteria for the first proximity fused artillery shell.

Edited by janice6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

If you’re going to be all logical about it

^_^

Careful with your callous accusations. We have made it known publicly that we are analog engineers and I reject logic in all its forms!  We believe in here, there, and somewhere in between.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1