Emergency Nursing.

Paul53

I'm having trouble seeing, especially at night. Bright lights have a halo around them. Really bright lights have the halo also have lines shooting out of them!

Saw my doctor, at least it sounded like my doctor. He said I have Cadillacs in my eyes! WTF? Now he wants me to see an eye doctor. Says he'll stick needles in my eyes to get the Cadillacs out. Is this some king of joke? I don't think it's very funny, especially the needles thing!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

I'm having trouble seeing, especially at night. Bright lights have a halo around them. Really bright lights have the halo also have lines shooting out of them!

Saw my doctor, at least it sounded like my doctor. He said I have Cadillacs in my eyes! WTF? Now he wants me to see an eye doctor. Says he'll stick needles in my eyes to get the Cadillacs out. Is this some king of joke? I don't think it's very funny, especially the needles thing!

Too bad it wasn't Fords.  To get rid of them is far less painful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Work in the nursing home where there have been the most deaths from Novid19. For that money I would do it, but for 2 concerns: there's always an underlying reason for facilities that are desperate for help, and somewhere along the way I became elderly with comorbidities, just like the folks dying there

malik bar nursing center recruiting.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Work in the nursing home where there have been the most deaths from Novid19. For that money I would do it, but for 2 concerns: there's always an underlying reason for facilities that are desperate for help, and somewhere along the way I became elderly with comorbidities, just like the folks dying there

malik bar nursing center recruiting.jpg

To todays News Media, the following is dedicated.  They are the masters of mass hysteria.

"Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred:
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.....",  Apologies to Alfred Lord Tennysen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Suddenly retirement doesn't seem so bad!

There will be reconsiderations given to retirement from those old enough, but waiting for a reason. 

I suspect we will find a jump in the job market when those laid off late in their career, find this is the right kick in the pants to leave the work force.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, janice6 said:

There will be reconsiderations given to retirement from those old enough, but waiting for a reason. 

I suspect we will find a jump in the job market when those laid off late in their career, find this is the right kick in the pants to leave the work force.

The Governor of The Republic of Texas has dictated that retired nurses (me) be allowed to reactivate the license forth with!! I'm not wishing to die by workin ER again, but there's got to be a way to use this to my advantage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

The Governor of The Republic of Texas has dictated that retired nurses (me) be allowed to reactivate the license forth with!! I'm not wishing to die by workin ER again, but there's got to be a way to use this to my advantage.

Fix 'em all and don't die, just take their money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Fix 'em all and don't die, just take their money.

Not that easy. Much younger nurses are falling victim to Noro virus. The ER's are all lacking the proper PPE, Personal Protection Equipment. The N-95 masks filter to 0.1 micron. The virus is 0.6 microns in size.

Lacking the proper masks, CDC has recommended nurses use worthless bandanas! To their credit, some ER nurses have been using furnace filters in home sewn masks. The specs are good for the purpose. If they really work remains to be seen. Still, face sheilds and protective paper gowns are needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Not that easy. Much younger nurses are falling victim to Noro virus. The ER's are all lacking the proper PPE, Personal Protection Equipment. The N-95 masks filter to 0.1 micron. The virus is 0.6 microns in size.

Lacking the proper masks, CDC has recommended nurses use worthless bandanas! To their credit, some ER nurses have been using furnace filters in home sewn masks. The specs are good for the purpose. If they really work remains to be seen. Still, face sheilds and protective paper gowns are needed.

Look at automotive autobody repair materials suppliers,  They have particle face filters of varying filtration and face filters that will even stop fumes.  They stock these in quantity since all repair shops spray Urethane paint and it's dangerous.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, janice6 said:

Look at automotive autobody repair materials suppliers,  They have particle face filters of varying filtration and face filters that will even stop fumes.  They stock these in quantity since all repair shops spray Urethane paint and it's dangerous.

The call went out about 2 weeks ago for all businesses and industries to make the masks available. Maybe we need to start registering mask owners so we can confiscate them in a national emergency?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul53 said:

The call went out about 2 weeks ago for all businesses and industries to make the masks available. Maybe we need to start registering mask owners so we can confiscate them in a national emergency?

Excellent point. Take it to the enemy!

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.