Amazon Reviews

RenoF250

Is it just me or are the Amazon reviews starting to really stink like they are paid for, made in China reviews?  I am reading an awful lot of them that have poor English and excited go through the list of features of the product.  Smells like old fish.

Amazon also charged me for a subscription I did not sign up for.  When I called them on it they said it was a mistake.  Sure it was, it was only $3/month, I am sure they were figuring most people won't notice. 

They are starting to pull standard corporate cockery.  It will cost them business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Is it just me or are the Amazon reviews starting to really stink like they are paid for, made in China reviews?  I am reading an awful lot of them that have poor English and excited go through the list of features of the product.  Smells like old fish.

Amazon also charged me for a subscription I did not sign up for.  When I called them on it they said it was a mistake.  Sure it was, it was only $3/month, I am sure they were figuring most people won't notice. 

They are starting to pull standard corporate cockery.  It will cost them business.

They pulled that crap on me 6 months ago. Called CC and told them I refuse to pay the fee since I hadn't agreed to the terms. I said further, close the account. They sent me to retention and asked what they could do to keep the account open. I told them to disassociate with Amazon and let me know. 

Fat chance, Buckos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aomagrat said:

I have come to the conclusion that most 5 star reviews on Amazon are fake.  I go to the three star reviews to find out what's really going on. 

I have left some honest 5 star reviews but they are pretty simple - "came on time does what it says" type of reviews.

I do go to the 1 star a lot just to see the issues. 

Amazon used to understand their customer, seems some numbers based idiots got in management and we are getting this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

I have left some honest 5 star reviews but they are pretty simple - "came on time does what it says" type of reviews.

I do go to the 1 star a lot just to see the issues. 

Amazon used to understand their customer, seems some numbers based idiots got in management and we are getting this. 

I look for reviews with a longer time span on the product than just what it looked like out of the package.

I also read the worst reviews to see what's credible and what's just bitching on something they don't understand.

• Like 1