Charges: Social media dispute prompted triple shooting in Maplewood MN

TBO

I wish these people would learn how to write in clear, cohesive sentences.

So 21 year old man approaches the car of the other guy with a drawn handgun, guy in car shoots him, bullets hit the 2 teenagers the 21 year old was with, and the 21 year old is the victim here, the guy in the car gets 3 attempted murder charges and 3 felony assaults.  No mention if the guy in the car had a gun showing or anything else, just that the 21 year old approached with gun in hand then bent down and talked with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I wish these people would learn how to write in clear, cohesive sentences.

So 21 year old man approaches the car of the other guy with a drawn handgun, guy in car shoots him, bullets hit the 2 teenagers the 21 year old was with, and the 21 year old is the victim here, the guy in the car gets 3 attempted murder charges and 3 felony assaults.  No mention if the guy in the car had a gun showing or anything else, just that the 21 year old approached with gun in hand then bent down and talked with him.

Sounds like an implied deadly threat.  I would take that back if the guy bending down had a badge.

28 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Sounds like an implied deadly threat.  I would take that back if the guy bending down had a badge.

The way it's written makes me feel like the 21 year old was being threatening, but the guy in the car is the one that is charged for everything.  Pretty sure there is something important missing from the article, but the author made it so convoluted it's hard to really tell.  If it really happened the way it's written the 21 year old should come up on all the exact same charges, as he was an active and willing participant.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps they edited the article to clarify it.  My take based on what it says is that the teens were loading things into a van, and Garza charged pulled up in a Camaro and parked in front of the van.  The 21 year old approached the Camaro and bent to speak to the passenger(s), gun at his side.  The guy charged had apparently gotten out of the Camaro, and then started unloading on the 21 year old.  Maybe he saw the gun the 21 year old had?  Don't know.  Sounds like the teens wound up as the backstop for whatever passed the 21 year old.

So perhaps the 21 year old was the initial threat, approaching armed as he apparently did.  The other guy responded to the threat, but did some spray and pray, and his prayers went unanswered.

It's also unclear whether the teens and the 21 year old were together, or the teens were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I too wish 'reporters' would study English more thoroughly.

-Pat 

<edit to add Garza's name and comment about association of teens and 21 YO.>

Edited by Cubdriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The article was pretty vague.  But, I think it points to the fact, that, and I am not trying to be unfeeling about this, that across the nation there are far more murders for nonsense, DUI's, illegal street drug both users and dealers, and greed and jealousy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

A number of years ago there was at least one murder in rural East Tennessee because the victim had “unfriended” the murderer on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife wore a T shirt that said I'm not dealing well with people, today's not your day!

A woman stranger came up to her in a store and asked my wife why she didn't like her!

Too many people have had their self confidence and independence bred out of them from both family and schools!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

My wife wore a T shirt that said I'm not dealing well with people, today's not your day!

A woman stranger came up to her in a store and asked my wife why she didn't like her!

Too many people have had their self confidence and independence bred out of them from both family and schools!

LOL.......... When I see a shirt like that I most likely would smile.   If I was to comment I would smile and say nice shirt.  Don't  understand folks getting so offended by everything. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

LOL.......... When I see a shirt like that I most likely would smile.   If I was to comment I would smile and say nice shirt.  Don't  understand folks getting so offended by everything. 

My wife has some real aggressive shirts.  It is surprising just how many complements she gets on them.

• Like 1