Dukes of hazzard moment kills 2

ASH

I once read an article on just how much work, time, and effort was put into repairing and reconstruction of the cars used in the Dukes of Hazzard show.  Damn near everything they did with the car either practically destroyed them, or required considerable effort to repair back to a useable condition.  The show had multiple cars in rotation being repaired, so that at least one would be available to the show.

Anyone that ever did the least amount of repair work on typical passenger cars knows just how fragile they really are. 

Also, only an idiot wouldn't know just how much preparation and physics are involved in producing those stunts so that no one gets killed.  Fantasy is still beyond some peoples understanding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duluth said:

"Roberto Alehandro Moreno, the passenger. Cazares was from McAllen, Texas, and Moreno was from Edinburgh."

Apparently bridges are more effective than walls.

Interesting that you "know" they are here illegally, simply because they have Mexican names.

3 hours ago, OwlsNest465 said:

I absolutely agree that stupid as as stupid does, play stupid games, etc...

Making comments about walls simply because they had Mexican names... Retardation.  

Yeah, but it's funny though, and it gives some folks the opportunity for the virtue signalling they so desperately need. :supergrin:

10 hours ago, OwlsNest465 said:

I absolutely agree that stupid as as stupid does, play stupid games, etc...

Making comments about walls simply because they had Mexican names... Retardation.  

You shouldn't be using the "R" word. It's Intellectually Disabled.

The trajectory of a car leaving the edge of a level bridge follows the same physical laws as the bullet leaving the barrel of a level gun. It immediately begins to drop. To have a chance of clearing the opening and landing on its wheels on the other side of the opening it must launch on an upward path. The bridge pictured had no upward path.

What little I remember of the Dukes of Hazard (other than the Daisy Duke short shorts) is that the vehicles were always accelerating on an up ramp when they launched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

The trajectory of a car leaving the edge of a level bridge follows the same physical laws as the bullet leaving the barrel of a level gun. It immediately begins to drop. To have a chance of clearing the opening and landing on its wheels on the other side of the opening it must launch on an upward path. The bridge pictured had no upward path.

What little I remember of the Dukes of Hazard (other than the Daisy Duke short shorts) is that the vehicles were always accelerating on an up ramp when they launched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And when you watched closely the front suspension collapsed at it hit the ground but before they killed the shot.

Remember, many cars have incurred substantial damage from "Potholes".