People who vote

gwalchmai

So I'm on our little county vent page and a lady asked if school lunches were free to all kids. Someone asked who pays for them and I offered "the taxpayers". I was immediately corrected by not one but two posters (who worked in "the system") who explained that the lunch program is NOT paid for by the taxpayers but rather by a federal grant.

image.png.b7a6dd6fc56cce9693b8ba45b3e29ef3.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 4

an actual conversation i had with someone.

Her: you don't pay for the potholes being fixed.

Me: my Property taxes are supposed to pay for that.

Her: no they don't!

Me: no,apparently they don't thats why theres a huge hole still there.

Her: no,the city pays for that to be fixed!

Me: :Wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Huaco Kid said:

If you think college is expensive now,  wait until it's free!

Yes.  That too.  It's like when a prescription is expensive. No one cares if it is paid for by insurance.  When something is paid for by the government or an insurance company the money comes straight out of our pockets in premiums.  Besides the fact that "we" are paying for it, many still don't understand that as long as the price is not negotiated, it will continue to increase since both sources are seen to have bottomless pockets and there is no interest in containing prices.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm on our little county vent page and a lady asked if school lunches were free to all kids. Someone asked who pays for them and I offered "the taxpayers". I was immediately corrected by not one but two posters (who worked in "the system") who explained that the lunch program is NOT paid for by the taxpayers but rather by a federal grant.
image.png.b7a6dd6fc56cce9693b8ba45b3e29ef3.png

Well... with the Feds spending four dollars for every three they collect in taxes they are somewhat correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

These are the same stupid people that say that Socialized Medicine is free.  Too many idiots in this world.

Products of the highly successful federalized education system where they got all those “free” lunches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, Huaco Kid said:

"Who pays for your free phone?"

"Obama."

"Where does he get the money?"

"I don't know."

(I actually heard that once)

I heard that with excitement for free Obama money.  What they failed to realized is Obama meant himself through cartels and their/his connection to Iran.

• Like 1

A science fiction writer, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, suggested that voting booths be self locking/unlocking.

The prospective voter enters, the door locks, and a basic quadratic equation submitted for solution.

Solve it, a ballot appears. Vote as desired, press the finished button, the ballot is saved and the door unlocks.

Fail to solve the equation, the prospective voter is vaporized and the door opens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

A science fiction writer, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, suggested that voting booths be self locking/unlocking.

The prospective voter enters, the door locks, and a basic quadratic equation submitted for solution.

Solve it, a ballot appears. Vote as desired, press the finished button, the ballot is saved and the door unlocks.

Fail to solve the equation, the prospective voter is vaporized and the door opens.

Doesn't everyone know the general solution to a quadratic equation?

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

I can't say for sure, but if it wasn't Bob Heinlein it sure missed a good chance to be.

• Like 2

That's like the floor debate I listened to about raising property taxes and it was pointed out that landlords would pass the increase to the tenants. One elected super genius proposed that to offset the increase the state would allocate half of the money raised to more rent aid for tenants.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fog said:

That's like the floor debate I listened to about raising property taxes and it was pointed out that landlords would pass the increase to the tenants. One elected super genius proposed that to offset the increase the state would allocate half of the money raised to more rent aid for tenants.

Many times you wonder how politicians find their own butt with only two hands.

Big debate locally this spring about increasing the impact tax - collected to increase school space, sewer processing capacity, etc - to reflect the impact construction of new residential space WILL have on the need to increase those facilities.

Not surprisingly, real estate and construction firms opposed it and were successful.

4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Big debate locally this spring about increasing the impact tax - collected to increase school space, sewer processing capacity, etc - to reflect the impact construction of new residential space WILL have on the need to increase those facilities.

Not surprisingly, real estate and construction firms opposed it and were successful.

Well. many people involved will find out the *hit floats when it effects them.

• Like 1

For a good number of years the county politicians tried to get a wheel tax in place. A referendum was required to add one, and it has been consistently defeated. Alternate was a property tax increase which could be done by the politicians acting alone.

This is a rural county. So not surprising that the large land owners pushed for the wheel tax. Didn’t matter to me from a cost standpoint, as my tax increase would be about the same. I did not want a wheel tax though, as I didn’t want another hand in my pocket.

• Like 1