‘Capitalism Has Taken More People Out of Poverty Than Any Other ‘Ism,’ Says Bono

gwalchmai

I always considered Bono to be a leftist loon, but if this is any indication we may see more things alike than I thought.

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/01/capitalism-has-taken-more-people-out-of-poverty-than-any-other-ism-says-bono/

“Capitalism is not immoral — it’s amoral. It requires our instruction,” he said, according to The Irish Times. “Capitalism has taken more people out of poverty than any other ‘ism.’ But it is a wild beast that, if not tamed, can chew up a lot of people along the way.”

I thought the same thing, but then I saw he was at Davos this year, which is an elite money industry convention.

To be clear, I wish he was performing there but alas, not to be.  Not that I even mind musicians having opinions about things (we all do).  I am bothered when people think their opinions mean more than someone else's just because they are rich and famous.

Just one rendition of Bad from Wide Awake in America, then he can talk the rest of the day about other crap.

• Like 1