What is the most beautiful firearm ever made?

Rabbi

• Administrators

I've always thought that the lever-action carbine was a beautiful design and the Big Horn Armory .500 S&W Magnum Carbine is an outstanding example of the lever gun. They make a great rifle and that is one hell of a caliber to launch out of a 16" barrel.

carbine.thumb.jpg.b9593ba8bc1d045bf638baad7401985e.jpg

Simple, clean lines and very well made.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That is a tough call.

I think you almost have to do this by category. I tend to agree with Eric that the Garand is a thing of beauty. In fact his pictures encouraged me to take mine out just to admire it.

I also agree with RonS. Those long rifles were truly a a work of art and a testament to the craftsmanship of the time.

Then there is the Python and a number of beautiful revolvers from Smith and Wesson. And lets not forget that some of the shotguns produced over the years are nothing less than spectacular in appearance.

Like I said. it is a tough call and maybe it needs to be broken down by category. There are just too many beautiful weapons to have to limit choices to just one.

Beside that, this is the only view that really matters.

ThroughTheEyesOf.jpg

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I think the 1911 is one of the most beautiful pistols ever built and the Kimber CDP is the most beautiful example of the 1911.

KIM-3200018CA-2.jpg.dfaf4831090f9d7ff062c9a67641dfc3.jpg

This one is mine. I've been carrying this pistol since the early 2000s. Fifteen or sixteen years now. I love those Rosewood grips, but they were like wood rasps against the skin, so I put some Hogue wraparounds on it. Hogue grips are the best thing that ever happened to the 1911 pistol. It makes the grip perfect and it speeds up followup shots. Great product.

KimberCDP.thumb.jpeg.d74b6ecd365c0e2f06dad6a7f042e6a0.jpeg

KimberCarry.thumb.jpeg.be2c7eee6b5f40ec56bc7d54b34a62c6.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/23/2017 at 0:57 AM, Eric said:

I've always thought that the lever-action carbine was a beautiful design and the Big Horn Armory .500 S&W Magnum Carbine is an outstanding example of the lever gun. They make a great rifle and that is one hell of a caliber to launch out of a 16" barrel.

carbine.thumb.jpg.b9593ba8bc1d045bf638baad7401985e.jpg

Simple, clean lines and very well made.

Revolvers are  lacking in my collection. I think my next purchase may have to be one instead of. A p239 or G33

The Swiss K31 is perhaps not the most beautiful rifle ever made; however, what is beautiful to me is the design of the action and the overall craftsmanship of this rifle. It's what you would expect from something manufactured in Switzerland.

k31.jpg

tgtK31b-1.jpg

c7fa0f0cdbe43884bbf68517b2d74724.png

11004089_4.jpg

tgtK31d-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1