It's Caturday!!!

Cubdriver

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a6f95e8ef3b0ff24758c5ae6517035d6.jpg

Peake, then Nip and Tuck, finally Chessie napping the night away.

Apparently a WWII ad, judging by the hat on Peake and the helmet on the hammock. Is there another cat almost hidden under the towel?

Edited to add... that item on the hammock beside the helmet looks like a Japanese “Rising Sun” flag rather than a towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

Beautiful ticked coat.  Sorry for his loss - looks like an awesome kitteh.

-Pat

We have 600 acres of woods behind us.

But.  for some reason, she needed to run across the road.

We didn't know she was doing that.  I never saw her even go that way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

What a coy little baby!

:anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2:

Oh, he can pull off the innocent look like a champ, but don't let him fool you - he's an orange, feline Dennis the Menace!!

That pile of shredded paper you see there on top of the rack where he KNOWS he's not supposed to go?  That WAS a half full roll of paper towels until his nibs there decided to shred them.  He's lucky I love him.  :anim_rofl2:

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

:anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2:

Oh, he can pull off the innocent look like a champ, but don't let him fool you - he's an orange, feline Dennis the Menace!!

That pile of shredded paper you see there on top of the rack where he KNOWS he's not supposed to go?  That WAS a half full roll of paper towels until his nibs there decided to shred them.  He's lucky I love him.  :anim_rofl2:

-Pat

I do like critters!

• Like 2

Toys for cats...

I’ve probably mentioned buying small stuffed animals from the Fill-A-Bag-For-$2.99 table at the local good will. Over the course of years a good number of stuffed animals have come into the house, most of which were hidden.

Now many have been brought from hiding.

Zephyr, the first cat I had in this house, has a stuffed skunk I bought for her when she was a kitten.

3e8bd5524286e674fae60154876bff8e.jpg

She carries it around from time to time, meowing as she does. If I call her she brings it to me and lays down in my lap. Peake, one of the youngest in the house, lays beside the skunk on the floor.

As much as these stuffed toys migrate around the house, Zephyr is the only cat I’ve seen carrying one. The only one I’ve seen her carry is that skunk.

And... Here’s Zephyr...

6ac4d74c721bd5af3dd3e37523f22c57.jpg

Edited to hopefully cause pictures to display.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My friend Paula's cat Gracie has some small toys she plays with; the one I can think of off the top of my head is a frog.  Gracie will occasionally 'feed' froggie and the others by placing them in the bowl with her dry food...

I think I have some pics she texted on my phone; I'll try to find one later and upload and post it.

-Pat

• Thanks 1

Just now, railfancwb said:

Toys for cats...

I’ve probably mentioned buying small stuffed animals from the Fill-A-Bag-For-$2.99 table at the local good will. Over the course of years a good number of stuffed animals have come into the house, most of which were hidden.

Now many have been brought from hiding.

Zephyr, the first cat I had in this house, has a stuffed skunk I bought for her when she was a kitten.

3e8bd5524286e674fae60154876bff8e.jpg

She carries it around from time to time, meowing as she does. If I call her she brings it to me and lays down in my lap. Peake, one of the youngest in the house, lays beside the skunk on the floor.

As much as these stuffed toys migrate around the house, Zephyr is the only cat I’ve seen carrying one. The only one I’ve seen her carry is that skunk.

And... Here’s Zephyr...

6ac4d74c721bd5af3dd3e37523f22c57.jpg

Edited to hopefully cause pictures to display.

It's good for your critters to have their own "stuff".  Everybody needs someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Early on I gave Zephyr a powered toy mouse - battery I suppose. She kept dropping it into her water dish until it drowned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had little toy mice that looked very realistic and made squeaking sounds when batted around.  They would invariably decide to start playing with them at three in the morning.  If memory serves, they had come in a three pack, and lasted much longer than I thought they would, but one by one Pixel drowned them in the water dish.  I recovered them a time or two and was able to dry and get them working again, but eventually the electronics succumbed to the abuse.

Lately they've been 'playing' with the real ones that are coming in from the cold.

-Pat

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...