You Are Old

Mrs Glockrunner

• 3 weeks later...

I used to worked in a gas station pumping gas into people's cars for them?   I used to know whether the gas cap was behind the license plate or someplace else by the model and year of the car.  We'd clean the windows, and check the oil too.  When self serve was introduced it was funny to watch people try and figure out where their gas caps were.  We'd help them find it and show them how the pumps worked.  One guy hosed down the interior of his convertible with gasoline because operating the nozzle was way above his capabilities. 

Anybody remember getting a free drinking glass with a fill up?  We had a full set of those glasses and that is what we used every day.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Anybody remember getting a free drinking glass with a fill up?  We had a full set of those glasses and that is what we used every day.

We had stations. I remember my uncle going down to the “Railroad Store” to buy glasses and coffee mugs to give away. They had damaged crates of stuff from the railroad. The contents were usually fine. Just broken boxes. 

• Like 1