Ultimate Watch Thread II

crockett

9 hours ago, crockett said:

Art of work and not even expensive.

Just hard to read, let alone for aging eyes.

Agree, like something I can tell the time at  glance.  That company has a whole line of those.

This is about the easiest to read watch I have and not expensive.  It's not worn much since I got my Galaxy smart watch but there will come the day when my eyes demand it again.

20210217_053143.thumb.jpg.b06fdd9a2decdd49c8b49806160000ae.jpg

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2

Watch giveaway this weekend until 8 PM Sunday evening, Eastern time. All you have to do is leave a (random) YouTube comment on that video and come back to the same video description on Monday to see if you won. He will post the YouTube member name. I'm not associated, but recall that a few around here like Seiko watches.

If I win, I will do a giveaway in this thread for the same watch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crockett said:

New watch incoming... should arrive on Monday...

image.thumb.png.8fc7ec3824b0661c51a30ab89427dcc7.png

Now you're talkin.  Please tell me how much and the name.  Can't quite read it from  the pict.  GMT Master.  Worn one for over 40 years.  Had a 78 Rolex looked exactly like that.  Automatic, right???

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

Now you're talkin.  Please tell me how much and the name.  Can't quite read it from  the pict.  GMT Master.  Worn one for over 40 years.  Had a 78 Rolex looked exactly like that.  Automatic, right???

I'm on the damn waiting list for the current Rolex Pepsi for 3 years now. Sick and tired of this communist style waiting game, so I bought a Swiss made homage from Steinhart.

They offer them with both bracelets types and in 39 and 42mm case.

Automatic, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, 300m water resistant, 6 week return right and 6 year warranty.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-one-gmt-blue-red-ceramic.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

I'm on the damn waiting list for the current Rolex Pepsi for 3 years now. Sick and tired of this communist style waiting game, so I bought a Swiss made homage from Steinhart.

They offer them with both bracelets types and in 39 and 42mm case.

Automatic, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, 300m water resistant, 6 week return right and 6 year warranty.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-one-gmt-blue-red-ceramic.html

I don't do euros.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000538721535.html?src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&albcp=9594035441&albag=102695258807&trgt=374448549250&crea=en4000538721535&netw=u&device=c&albpg=374448549250&albpd=en4000538721535&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnKeCBhDPARIsAFDTLTIKQBfXaW6OadEYAVQbd0DCeC_ISxKm40kgQfsj0esd8A0rLtXRnEkaAm-gEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

18 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

So you rather buy China ****?!

Had one of those last year, they are garbage. Sold the same day on WUS.

Zero AR coating, catches EVERY reflection, hence hard to read. Crown super sharp, no craftmanship in the case, bezel is super flat and boring with pained on letters. On the same level as the junk you will find at Wally World for 40 bucks, sans the automatic movement that sounds very rough.

image.png.9af65dc37052720dc25412bebcc0ce03.png

Edited by crockett

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

So you rather buy China ****?!

Had one of those last year, they are garbage. Sold the same day on WUS.

Zero AR coating, catches EVERY reflection, hence hard to read. Crown super sharp, no craftmanship in the case, bezel is super flat and boring with pained on letters. On the same level as the junk you will find at Wally World for 40 bucks, sans the automatic movement that sounds very rough.

image.png.9af65dc37052720dc25412bebcc0ce03.png

I don't know man...been wearin that same Parnis for over 5 years.  I was just wonderin what the price on that one you have comin was.  I liked the looks of it.

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I don't know man...been wearin that same Parnis for over 5 years.  I was just wonderin what the price on that one you have comin was.  I liked the looks of it.

Its night and day compared to modern Swiss made watches.