Twitter Just Paid a Massive Price After Booting Trump

pipedreams

"Shares of Twitter were tumbling at the opening bell after it permanently kicked President Donald Trump and other conservatives off the social media platform.

There was a broad market selloff Monday to start the week, yet the 11 percent slide in shares of Twitter Inc. far outpaced those declines.

Twitter on Friday shut down @realDonaldTrump, claiming it did so because it feared that the president would use it for “further incitement of violence.”

Trump retorted that he’d be “building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED!”"

https://www.westernjournal.com/twitter-just-paid-massive-price-booting-trump/?utm_source=site&utm_medium=protrumpnews&utm_campaign=can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand any of these companies making decisions that probably effect half of their customer base. If they looked at poll numbers they would see that half of the country is red and the other half is blue. Their customer base probably closely equals that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 26isbest said:

Jack Dorsey doesn't give a rat's ass. He has plenty of money and unless he gets Hunt brothers level of stupid he will continue to have lots of money. Twitter as a libtard echo chamber will still have Yahoo and other sites reporting Tweets as news. 

It's a publicly traded company.  He has to answer to the people who own his stock.

If he totally destroys his company...he'll be fired.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Historian said:

It's a publicly traded company.  He has to answer to the people who own his stock.

Your right.  The problem as I see it, these monkeys just move on with their money and start another sensation that everyone flocks to till becomes a disaster.   As mentioned above, who remembers  "myspace" but I doubt the creator is hurting.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Your right.  The problem as I see it, these monkeys just move on with their money and start another sensation that everyone flocks to till becomes a disaster.   As mentioned above, who remembers  "myspace" but I doubt the creator is hurting.

He sold it for almost half a billion.  So he probably walked away doing very well after paying off investors, any dept, etc.

It is, however, still around.

https://myspace.com/

• Like 2

I understand that Parler now has a new server company.  The company that hosts GAB, EPIK has opened negotiation with them.  Seems the company is totally independent of the "GoogleAmazon" companies  

https://macdailynews.com/2021/01/12/parler-finds-a-new-home/

As twitter stocks take a dump look for Parler and GAB to continue their climb.  For those that do not know I understand that Gabs Dissenter browser does not remove comments that are legal but not to their political leanings...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Historian said:

If any major share holders have asked for him to be fired it has not made the news. Granted the MSM loves to ignore stories they don't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GT4494 said:

I understand that Parler now has a new server company.  The company that hosts GAB, EPIK has opened negotiation with them.  Seems the company is totally independent of the "GoogleAmazon" companies  

https://macdailynews.com/2021/01/12/parler-finds-a-new-home/

As twitter stocks take a dump look for Parler and GAB to continue their climb.  For those that do not know I understand that Gabs Dissenter browser does not remove comments that are legal but not to their political leanings...

Gabs Dissenter browser is a modified version of Brave.

• Like 1

Twitter is chickens**t.

Don't believe me? Read this.

That was published in Forbes and deleted shortly after. Where have we heard that one before?

Like the author says, the media has given Twitter  "outsized influence". The numbers speak for themselves. Or as they say in Latin, "Moneyus ipsa loquitur". 

Edited by Ricordo
  • Sad 1

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey acknowledged in a statement on Wednesday evening that his company’s decision to ban President Donald Trump from the platform set a “dangerous” precedent and said that it was ultimately a “failure” by the company to “promote healthy conversation.”

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey: We Set A ‘Dangerous’ Precedent By Banning Trump | The Daily Wire

That financial hit made them care. No mention of the thousands upon thousands of other Trump supporting twitter accounts that they banned. 

F'em

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, willie-pete said:

I don't understand any of these companies making decisions that probably effect half of their customer base. If they looked at poll numbers they would see that half of the country is red and the other half is blue. Their customer base probably closely equals that.

Liberal philosophy is based on ignoring others and only seeing what you want to see and hear.  This justifies everything a liberal does, since they perceive no opposition.  Their solution is ignorance.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Money loss aside, WHY isn't there MASSIVE demonstrations at facebook HQ, twitter HQ, instagram HQ, google HQ and all the other fascist companys that are censoring Americans Free speech EVERY DAY?????   EVERY DAY!!!!

WHY???

We have been told they are private businesses and our side respects private businesses. 

Leaving them to rot isn't an altogether meritless strategy, but it takes time.

More direct action should come from our government, but since they are a good chunk of funding for some of these companies I don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, Fog said:

We have been told they are private businesses and our side respects private businesses. 

More direct action should come from our government, but since they are a good chunk of funding for some of these companies I don't see that happening.

Then like I said...WHY aren't American's Marching on their Damn HQ's and Camping out in protest of CENSORING our Freedom of Speech????  THOUSANDS of Americans?????  WHY Don't Republicans Protest this TRAVESTY???? 

Republicans DESERVE this steal if they are going to sit back and take it....

7 hours ago, Fog said:

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

AND, I repeat...

WHY aren't American's Marching on their Damn HQ's and Camping out in protest of CENSORING our Freedom of Speech????  THOUSANDS of Americans?????  WHY Don't Republicans Protest this TRAVESTY????