Notre Dame is burning down

7 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Various members of the RoP destroying buildings and statues dating hundreds/thousands of years ago in the Middle East.

Pulling down statues in the States. Started with those who fought for the Confederates. Now moving to the nation’s foubders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a Doctor who has saved a few lives of people important to me. He LOVES the NFL, especially the Patriots, and is generally a kind and generous man. Unfortunately, he's a bleeding heart liberal and a muslim.

He's been posting crap on social media about how much money France is going to spend to fix the Cathedral, and how that money could go to help the poor in that country instead. We all know who "the poor" he is referring to are.

There is a rift that is widening in America. A rift that will have to be addressed, if we wish to keep the idea of America alive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know a Doctor who has saved a few lives of people important to me. He LOVES the NFL, especially the Patriots, and is generally a kind and generous man. Unfortunately, he's a bleeding heart liberal and a muslim.

He's been posting crap on social media about how much money France is going to spend to fix the Cathedral, and how that money could go to help the poor in that country instead. We all know who "the poor" he is referring to are.

There is a rift that is widening in America. A rift that will have to be addressed, if we wish to keep the idea of America alive.

All the money France will spend on the rebuild will go to help people. Some poor, some not poor, a few rich. Except for those whose money from the project is a return on their investment in equipment etc, all will have to work as a condition of being helped.

Same with often criticized space program in the States. Not one cent from the space program was sent into space. It was all spent on earth. And benefited many people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

All the money France will spend on the rebuild will go to help people. Some poor, some not poor, a few rich. Except for those whose money from the project is a return on their investment in equipment etc, all will have to work as a condition of being helped.

Same with often criticized space program in the States. Not one cent from the space program was sent into space. It was all spent on earth. And benefited many people.

Stop making sense. :drunk:

• Like 2

You know what?  All the people donating to the restoration of the Cathedral have a perfect right to determine who gets their money and what for.  If I want to donate money to that cause, I have a right to do that.  If the Alhambra burned and I wanted to donate money to its restoration, I have that right.  You have the right to say you think the money would be better spent buying food for the poor in the Africa, but my money isn't your money to spend. If you want money to go to the poor (however you define that term), then you can give your own.  You have no right to take mine from me and spend it how you see fit.  Let the free speech by all continue, but keep your damn hands out of my pockets.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Give it back to the Vatican, and let them restore it. They won’t mind if it takes thirty years to do it right and it will still be a Catholic Cathedral when they are done. Not some international historic conglomeration and museum to diversity and inclusion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

If you want money to go to the poor

So, ( sorry, gwalch)  those that possess some wealth that they worked hard for have been implored to give to the poor and needy for, what?  The past three centuries?

If giving my money, or that which is seized from me by whatever government, could end folk being poor, why are there still poor people?

Charity is to fix temporary hardship, not become a multi-generational way of life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1