London and Paris for spring break.

kerbie18

On 2/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, kerbie18 said:

I think randomly wondering around town aimlessly will too risky.

That's pretty much all I do (but I would not if my daughter were with me).  I want to see how the people / culture really are.

I've met many good / crazy / weird / nice / scary / insane / normal people.  (I only got stabbed, a little, once, in Barbados,  and I think that was an accident.)  The Irish hooligans were THE BEST!

I met Jack Sparrow in 'Frisco.  We partied.

We did some walking around today to the typical tourist hot spots. I spotted protestors at several locations, but they were being peaceful at the time. Signs said stuff like "Cameroon is not a monarchy!"

20190330_145751.jpg

Edited by kerbie18
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, Historian said:

I've been to France close to twenty times, granted I speak French, I've never run into someone who was rude about my being an American. Maybe I got lucky.

Particularly in the countryside I've had great experiences.  Especially, Normandy.

I really enjoy France and in particular Nice and Paris.

Both suffer the problems of big futures.

I just assume find a 12th century village with a population of 300 over any major city.

You got really lucky.  Every time I went somewhere in Latin America, there was the loud mouthed liberal, declaring how they were educating the besotted natives to their lofted cultural ideas.  I thought, you are just a smelly large woman in a moo-moo, and they put up with your crap, because you brought money.  I would always go about quietly, spoke the language, and tipped well.  I never gave security any guff.  If they wanted dig in my backpack for dirty underwear and socks, fine.  Not my Country, no Bill of Rights pinned to my shirt.  I have seen liberals get carted off after declaring something was their "right".  I would suppose they had fun in the jails down there that make the American prison system look like a day spa.  Then the rich elitists, when being told their luggage was being searched would go on loudly on how stupid the people were.  I always backpacked.  That was always in my control.  While they were going on how great they were and how stupid everyone was, I was wondering how many grams of accidental drugs they would find.  Some guys I would go with would take an empty suitcase for duty free stuff.  I thought that was just inviting trouble.

57 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I always backpacked.  That was always in my control.  While they were going on how great they were and how stupid everyone was, I was wondering how many grams of accidental drugs they would find.  Some guys I would go with would take an empty suitcase for duty free stuff.  I thought that was just inviting trouble.

And that's...how to travel. 

You make your own luck in some of these places.  If you stick out like a soar thumb you can expect issues.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, ARP said:

I suppose, for a laugh you could ask a Frenchman about that joke you see on gun forums, "French made WWII rifle for sale, never fired, only dropped once."

Umm, I've been trying my best NOT to piss off the French people, since I don't have any weapons at the moment.

I haven't had the slightest problem with any civil unrest in Europe this whole week. I certainly noticed fire teams of soldiers moving about Paris, wearing bullpup rifles and ceramic plates.

This morning, I'm leaving on a jet plane....

Edited by kerbie18
  • Like 1

gotta take her to the lizard king's grave in  Paris ,  there was all the grafiti  off everything but its still cool,  i think going up the tower in paris  was about 60 euros per person  . but been awhile  

if in england you have to rent a car .  trustme alot better .  

we are doint our bi yearly euro trip next summer.  

I have been back from my European trip for two days now. Both London and Paris proved to be incredibly wonderful places to visit. They also reinforced my appreciation to be an American, and a Kentucky native.

Europe just isn't free, it's so sad...

• Thanks 1

also look out for little hands ,  they preach it all the time .  if someone bumps you make sure you got our **** ,  my daughters went on trip to france,italy, monaco,england  and the day they got there 3 of their freinds put there belongings down on the rocky beach ,  10 minutes later their was stolen  , so that long flight over and come home same day , man there was some crying going on,   i love the super markets there , all those juices in big cartons lol  . also in Paris stay out of the nigerian section,

On 2/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, norton said:

Guy that cuts my hair took a trip to the UK.  His wife has family there.  He said one of her old aunts had nothing good to say about the U.S.

I asked him if he knew the old joke.

So, do you speak German?

No?

You're welcome. 

Joke would work in Paris too. 

Why did we ask the French to be a part of our invasion of Iraq?  We needed someone to teach the Iraqis how to surrender.

Why are there trees along the Champs Elysees?  The Nazis like to march in the shade. 

• Like 1