HS 2000 Pawn Shop Find

Eric

15 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Is it manufactured in Croatia under license from Springfield, or something?

The Croatian company designed it and made it for a few years.  Springfield either licenses or bought the design outright.

I would bet the parts from an XD a few years newer would fit that gun.

• Like 2

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

The Croatian company designed it and made it for a few years.  Springfield either licenses or bought the design outright.

I would bet the parts from an XD a few years newer would fit that gun.

The XD is still made in Croatia. It is imported by Springfield. I’m sure there is a lot of collaboration with Springfield, but the same company has always produced the pistol. 

• Like 1

My wife is fond of them.  She likes the 1911 back strap safety.  I personally don't own an XD anymore.  My only striker fired pistols are Glocks.  But, if HK can fit the bill I tend to go that way.  I like pistols more that have an external hammer that can be carried cocked and locked.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:57 PM, Steelharp said:

Tried a Canik yet? Awesome.

i have on and love it ,   i also have a  Caracal which i freaking love,  my my smith guy go thru the whole gun  and i love it , it is harder to find then big foot thou , 

22 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

I would love to have a Caracal. I had one of the recalled ones. I hated sending it back, the frame cracked. If the new batch is like those without issues, probably the best 9mm ever.

I was so interested in Caracal. Are the news ones even available in the US?

19 minutes ago, Slotback said:

I was so interested in Caracal. Are the news ones even available in the US?

they were showing new pistols at  shot few years ago.   i bought my caracal from local dealer , when i saw in case  i was like mine lol.  i walked in to buy ammo  wife waiting in car  i come out with gun lol.  i got that look.     if i can get hands on another one or new one i will own it as well .  

• Haha 1