What does your spouse carry?

Rabbi

I am the wife, so...  I usually carry an HK USPcompact 9mm, because it fits in my purse, and on my hip under my coat/jacket in fall/winter.  When I don't want to purse carry and am not wearing clothes that let me hide anything larger, I have a Sig P938 in a pocket holster.  When even that prints, I liberate my husband's little .380 and the appendix carry under a t-shirt and with a loose sweater over top of it, or I shove it in a thigh holster under my skirt.  The joke at church is that if there is ever a shooting while I'm on the stage, I'll have to flash everyone in order to draw the gun from the thigh holster.  Sigh.  

The hubby has a bunch of ugly Glocks, a revolver I hate, and the .380 to choose from for carry purposes.  I've been known to justify a cheap feel by telling him I'm just wondering which gun he's carrying that moment...

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Our last range trip my daughter was shooting a Kimber Micro in .380.  It was very nice to shoot.

It performed flawlessly and I was surprised at how small it was but comfortable to hold.

If my wife were more active in actually shooting over carrying, I would buy her one.

3300080-1.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

My wife thinks that if she carried while driving she would be too tempted to shoot bad drivers.  Much of the rest of her day she teaches and could not legally carry.

I hate that she is in a free-fire zone and mostly just pray she will continue to be lucky that no wack-job chooses her school to use to get their name in the MSM.  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, Rabbi said:

Lady Rabbi carries a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP.  It just depends on the situation. 

Does anyone have a spouse who will not carry? 

My wife carries an lcp2 with a laser and has a 38 snubby in her nightstand.

Lady Rabbi carries a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP.  It just depends on the situation. 

Mine refuses to.  I've tried to convince her.. no go.

Right here. In part because her employer has a pretty strict no gun policy. In part because we live in relatively safe part of the country. In part because she just does not want to. And I am certainly not going to push it on her. When she goes for walks, to the park, etc., etc. she either takes her Taser Pulse with or she takes her well armed husband with. Most of the time both.

She is actually good with a handgun and very good with a shotgun (her Dad is a pro-level Skeet shooter so she spent a lot of time with a shotgun).