Which Do You Prefer, Deplorable or Rube?

steve4102

One of the Washington Post’s chief political reporters labeled supporters of President Donald Trump and his proposal for a wall along the southern border as “rubes,” in an appearance during a podcast released Monday.

Dave Weigel, a national political correspondent for WaPo, appeared on the popular left-wing podcast “Chapo Trap House” to discuss the government shutdown and other related issues. Shortly into the episode, Weigel began expressing his disdain towards Republican voters.

“[Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell] is very good at identifying what the rubes want to hear,” Weigel said, referring to negotiations between the Kentucky Republican and the White House over wall funding.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/28/washington-post-weigel-rubes-trump/?utm_medium=email

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Not a commie for disagreeing

anyone who believed in an actual physical wall along the entire southern border is an idiot. When Rubio tried to point out that you couldn’t actually build a wall along the whole border.....he was excoriated by the Trump faithful chanting “little Marco”

much (I won’t say all) of the campaign was built of talking **** and slogans.

eventually, America will pick itself up out of the mud, shake it off. Look back and say “well, that was stupid” and go on.

we had a cartoon character, Archie Bunker with a fat checkbook, opportunistic populist with no idea how government actually works. Thinking that he could get by with the power of his mouth and fronting a tough guy attitude.

against a James Bond villain political creature with a sense of entitlement and years in the back rooms and hallways of power

we dodged a bullet but got hit with a club. The lessor of two evils has gotten us to the place where the lessor invited the greater to his third wedding and the greater went to the lessor for money....and got it repeatedly.

Trump was the anti-Obama.

The result of the swing to the left by a high school jock with a knack for preaching with followers giving him a God complex. We swung to the right and praised a loudmouth reality tv character as being the Captain America figure that could save all that was good and holy in the world.

Obama wasn’t, Trump isnt

America will return (for the most part) to working for their families and making a life for themselves. The comic book superhero fantasy will end, the boogiemen will fade, the extremes won’t be silenced but will not be paid much attention to.

America will “America” again

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 2

The 15 percent who will have been repelled by the left’s craziness and turned off by President Trump’s style will enter the summer of 2020 wishing they had a better choice. In the end, they will have to gamble on the least dangerous and least bad future.

- Newt Gingrich 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/newt-gingrich-democrats-and-never-trumpers-will-put-trump-back-in-the-white-house-in-2020-heres-why

are you really comfortable with a campaign strategy like this?

your preferred candidate is the least bad. And that is from one of his biggest supporters.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dric902 said:

anyone who believed in an actual physical wall along the entire southern border is an idiot. When Rubio tried to point out that you couldn’t actually build a wall along the whole border.....he was excoriated by the Trump faithful chanting “little Marco”

much (I won’t say all) of the campaign was built of talking **** and slogans.

There are areas where an actual physical wall can do some good.  Israel has one on their border with Egypt.  Mexico doesn't have on on it's southern border but hell - it's Mexico.

The West Texas mountains?  Not so much.  Sensors and monitoring devices would be better in that region.  

Between California and Mexico there is a canal that does a pretty good job of sealing that section.  Over 500 people have drowned in that thing trying to cross (and that is tragic) - so many that there have been calls to put lifelines and other features in so people can pull themselves out.  I'm good with that, so long as they put you on the Mexico side.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The 15 percent who will have been repelled by the left’s craziness and turned off by President Trump’s style will enter the summer of 2020 wishing they had a better choice. In the end, they will have to gamble on the least dangerous and least bad future.

- Newt Gingrich 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/newt-gingrich-democrats-and-never-trumpers-will-put-trump-back-in-the-white-house-in-2020-heres-why

are you really comfortable with a campaign strategy like this?

your preferred candidate is the least bad. And that is from one of his biggest supporters.

Since when is that new?  It's always the least repulsive bucket of **** anymore.

• Thanks 2

I think the only way to break the Republicans' and Democrats' stronghold on the process is to chip away at it from all sides.  I'd like to see a dozen independent candidates, not just one, each with a credible message and an attraction to a part of the electorate.  If each of those candidates can attract an average of just 2½% of the votes, that'll take 30% of the votes in a presidential election off the table.  The two big political parties simply can't afford that, so their reaction will have to be one of two things.  Either they'll join forces to block anyone outside their ranks from running at all - which I don't think the American people will tolerate - or they'll have to make the process more transparent, more inclusive of views outside their own boundaries.  What's not to like about that?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, steve4102 said:

One of the Washington Post’s chief political reporters labeled supporters of President Donald Trump and his proposal for a wall along the southern border as “rubes,” in an appearance during a podcast released Monday.

Dave Weigel, a national political correspondent for WaPo, appeared on the popular left-wing podcast “Chapo Trap House” to discuss the government shutdown and other related issues. Shortly into the episode, Weigel began expressing his disdain towards Republican voters.

“[Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell] is very good at identifying what the rubes want to hear,” Weigel said, referring to negotiations between the Kentucky Republican and the White House over wall funding.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/28/washington-post-weigel-rubes-trump/?utm_medium=email

The Washington Post is a far cry from an honest news outlet and has been for some time.  Seems they will publicly fire reporters/spokespersons when public opinion turns against them but hire them back quietly under their left wing.  An Australian friend told me that if I wanted to get the most accurate news put forth in the U.S., I should watch a combination of Fox News and BBC.  The alphabet news media is close to toppling off the left side of the world.    

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, Dric902 said:

Not a commie for disagreeing

I do agree with the above statement. Most of the Left is not open to discussing any political issue with anyone who does not totally agree with them. While I agree with very little Dric902 says, he does at least take an active part in this forum and he is right in the above statement.

All the people who yell "Gun violence is a national emergency" need to compare the number of deaths from "Gun Violence" over the last 20 years to "Abortion Murders" over the same last 20 years. What an astounding difference. Yet the left seems to love "Killing by Abortion".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Citra47 said:

All the people who yell "Gun violence is a national emergency" need to compare the number of deaths from "Gun Violence" over the last 20 years to "Abortion Murders" over the same last 20 years. What an astounding difference. Yet the left seems to love "Killing by Abortion".

You seem to think they yell “gun violence” because they believe it.....they don’t. It sells with their base.

• Thanks 1

I started off under Obama as a "Jack booted thug," as he called us.  So, frankly, after all epithets thrown by various members of Congress and Presidents, I no longer care what they think.  The operative word, being think.