Banana Bread Recipes

DrB

I have 8 ripe bananas here. Going to make banana bread tomorrow.

This is the recipe I have used.  What is yours.  Open to ideas....

Dave..

Ingredients

• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, bananas and vanilla extract. Fold in raisins and nuts if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DrB said:

Ok..  What's the recipe for these?

Dave..

The first three probably have numerous online recipes.

Tropical pancakes, at our house, are buttermilk pancakes with mashed bananas, coconut, macadamia nuts, and crushed pineapple, drizzled with coconut syrup.

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Tropical pancakes, at our house, are buttermilk pancakes with mashed bananas, coconut, macadamia nuts, and crushed pineapple, drizzled with coconut syrup.

Thanks.....  I'm going to try making some of those. Sounds good...

Dave..

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

The best banana bread recipe ever,  is whatever you put in front of me.

And,  for the love of all that's good,  no nuts!

No.

Nuts. 

Would you make date nut bread without the nuts?

Of course not. Banana bread is also known as Banana Nut Bread. here's a recipe for Banana NUT bread:

Banana Nut Bread

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (3 ounces)
  • 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed (1 1/4 cups)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Make It

Step 1    

Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Spread the walnuts in a pie pan and toast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fragrant; let cool.

Step 2    

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and oil and beat at high speed until light-colored and creamy. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly blended. Fold in the nuts.

Step 3    

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is springy and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.

Edited by Borg warner

19 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Would you make date nut bread without the nuts?

Of course not. Banana bread is also known as Banana Nut Bread. here's a recipe for Banana NUT bread:

If you're making "Banana Nut" bread,  then that's what you call it.

Not Banana Bread.

And you'd put nuts in Carrot Cake and pancakes?

Sacrilege!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

If you're making "Banana Nut" bread,  then that's what you call it.

Not Banana Bread.

And you'd put nuts in Carrot Cake and pancakes?

Sacrilege!

No, nuts don't belong in carrot cake but they do belong in date nut bread and banana nut bread. And they're actually good in pancakes. You can go into any local IHOP and you will find Harvest Grain ’N Nut pancakes on the menu and they are delicious.

https://www.ihop.com/en/menu/pancakes/harvest-grain-n-nut

But Google "{Banana Nut Bread" and you will find hundreds of references to Banana nut bread. Naturally, if you're allergic to nuts or id you just don't like nuts then banana nut bread or Date Nut Bread is not for you,

Banana Nut Bread:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=rh1NXKiEFuKT0wLV06-wDg&q=banana+nut+bread&oq=ba&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39l2j0l4j0i131j0l3.276.1938..6295...1.0..1.838.2849.4-1j0j3......0....1..gws-wiz.....0.9Ode-MnU048

Edited by Borg warner

I make killer oatmeal cookies using the recipe on the box of Quaker oats but I add a banana and chocolate chips. Can also add dried cranberries it you desire. Banana makes them very soft and chocolate? Well, don't need a reason to add chocolate. EVER.

• Like 1

Well 2 loaves are done and cooling on the counter.  Added  golden raisins, chopped dates and yes some chopped walnuts.  Smells good.  The little Creep (dog) is eyeing them up.  Going to have to put them up or she will be having a feast when I'm out of the kitchen.....  She is a professional counter surfer...

Dave..

On 1/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, DrB said:

I have 8 ripe bananas here. Going to make banana bread tomorrow.

This is the recipe I have used.  What is yours.  Open to ideas....

Dave..

Ingredients

• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, bananas and vanilla extract. Fold in raisins and nuts if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

My wife handles the banana nut bread baking. Just delivered one to my neighbor today while shoveling snow. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 1